This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
ArX is a distributed version control system. ArX began as a fork of GNU arch, and is licensed under the GPL. Since the fork, ArX has been extensively rewritten in C++, with many new features. The project maintainer is Walter Landry.
|Initial release||February 2003|
2.2.4 / November 16, 2005
|Operating system||Linux, Windows, Mac OS X|
Landry was, for a short time, the maintainer of Arch, and forked ArX when Tom Lord resumed maintainership of Arch and did not accept some of Landry's development directions. The fork was announced in January 2003 and the first code was released in February. For a time ArX shared a mailing list and community with Arch, but Landry founded a new mailing list in August 2003 and the pre-release series became the 1.0 release series in December. The 2.0 series, which was incompatible with Arch, became public in October 2004.
- Lord, Tom (2003-01-17). "evidence of wlandry's idiocy". arch-users (Mailing list). Archived from the original on 2013-10-04. Retrieved 2008-06-18.
- Lord, Tom (2003-04-06). "Re: arch<->arx: reason for fork". arch-users (Mailing list). Archived from the original on 2011-05-17. Retrieved 2008-06-18.
- Landry, Walter (2003-01-21). "Re: software freedoms and engineering ethics". arch-users (Mailing list). Retrieved 2008-06-18.[permanent dead link]
- Landry, Walter (2003-02-02). "Arx-1.0pre1". arch-users (Mailing list). Retrieved 2008-06-18.[permanent dead link]
- Landry, Walter (2003-08-16). "New ArX list". gnu-arch-users (Mailing list). Retrieved 2008-06-18.
- Landry, Walter (2003-12-26). "lists.gnu.org/archive/html/arx-users/2003-12/msg00000.html". Arx-users (Mailing list). Retrieved 2008-06-18.
- Landry, Walter (2004-10-06). "ArX-2.0.0". Arx-users (Mailing list). Retrieved 2008-06-18.
|This content management system article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|