Apple Watch Series 3
This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (November 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The Apple Watch Series 3 is the third-generation model of the Apple Watch. It was released on September 22, 2017.
|Also known as||Apple Watch 3|
|Product family||Apple Watch|
|Release date||September 22, 2017|
|Operating system||WatchOS 5|
|Predecessor||Apple Watch Series 2|
|Successor||Apple Watch Series 4|
The main feature is the new built-in LTE cellular connectivity, offering voice and data communication and Apple Music streaming. The watch comes with an electronic SIM card and shares the same mobile number as the user's iPhone. Add-on plans start at $10/month from the four major US carriers.
Apple Watch Series 3 has a dual-core Apple S3 processor that is 70% faster than the Apple S2 and enables Siri voice responses. The cellular-capable watch has a red digital crown while the non-LTE version has a plain digital crown. It has a built-in NFC chip which can be used for Apple Pay. Apple claims 18 hours of battery life.
The Apple Watch Series 3 ships with watchOS 4, which has an updated Heart Rate app (including resting and recovery period monitoring), Workout app (with High Intensity Interval Training), as well as two-way data synchronization with GymKit-integrated cardio fitness equipment from companies such as Life Fitness, Technogym, Cybex, Schwinn, MS Artrix, Stair Master and Star Trac.
The Apple Watch Series 3 (GPS) requires an iPhone 5s or later with iOS 11 or later. The Apple Watch Series 3 (GPS + Cellular) requires an iPhone 6 or later with iOS 11 or later.
- "The new Apple Watch works without a phone". The Verge. Retrieved 2017-09-20.
- "Apple Watch Series 3 features built-in cellular and more". Apple Newsroom. Retrieved 2017-09-20.
- Mills, Chris (2017-09-13). "The Apple Watch Series 3 is going to cost you $10 per month, forever". BGR. Retrieved 2017-09-20.
- "The New Apple Watch Series 3, Better Than Ever [Update]". The Mac Observer. 2017-09-12. Retrieved 2017-09-20.
- "Apple Watch-compatible gym equipment will be ready by September". TechRadar. Retrieved 2017-09-20.
- Buhr, Sarah. "Apple's Watch 3 rolls out heart health and smart fitness features". TechCrunch. Retrieved 2017-09-20.
- "watchOS 4 brings more intelligence and fitness features to Apple Watch". Apple Newsroom. Retrieved 2017-09-20.
- "Apple Watch users can download watchOS 4 on September 19". Ars Technica. Retrieved 2017-09-20.
- "Apple Watch Series 3 – Technical Specifications". support.apple.com. Retrieved 2017-12-11.