Apple Arcade is a video game subscription service by Apple Inc. for iOS, iPadOS, tvOS, and macOS devices. It was announced in March 2019, and launched on September 19, 2019. The service enables unrestricted access to over 100 games on compatible Apple devices and external controllers
|Type||Subscription gaming service|
|Launch date||September 19, 2019|
|Platform(s)||iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, Mac|
|Operating system(s)||iOS, iPadOS, tvOS, macOS|
|Pricing model||US$4.99 per month|
- Supported on iPadOS, iOS, macOS, and tvOS.
- Users can carry over in-game progress between all devices linked to the same iCloud account.
- No ads, in-app purchases, always-on DRM, or data tracking.
- Up to six family members are allowed access through family sharing.
- Various game controllers are supported, such as the DualShock 4 and Xbox One controllers.
- "Apple Arcade press release". Apple. September 10, 2019.
- "Apple Arcade is a game subscription service for iOS, Mac and Apple TV". Engadget. March 25, 2019.
- Blumenthal, Eli. "Apple Arcade will launch on Sept. 19 for $4.99 per month". CNET. Retrieved September 10, 2019.
- Biggs, Tim (September 20, 2019). "Apple Arcade: how to jump in and start playing". The Sydney Morning Herald. Retrieved October 9, 2020.
- "Apple Arcade is a new game subscription for iOS, Mac, and Apple TV". March 25, 2019.
- Webster, Andrew (March 26, 2019). "Apple Arcade has game developers excited, but questions remain". The Verge. Retrieved March 26, 2019.
|This video game–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about Apple Inc. is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|