This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (January 2021) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Apollo Hospitals Enterprise Limited is an Indian hospital chain based in Chennai, India. It was founded by Prathap C. Reddy in 1983 as the first corporate healthcare provider in India. Several of the Apollo's hospitals have been among the first in India to receive international healthcare accreditation by the America-based Joint Commission International (JCI)  as well as 13 NABH National Accreditation Board for Hospitals & Healthcare Providers hospitals. In addition to providing hospitals, Apollo has developed services in telemedicine, after starting a pilot project in 2000 at Aragonda, Prathap Reddy's home village. Apollo signed an MoU with Health Education England in April 2017 to provide a large number of doctors to fill vacancies in the English National Health Service. In association with Adlux Angamaly, Apollo Hospitals established the Apollo Adlux Hospital in the city of Kochi, near Cochin International Airport.
|Founders||Prathap C. Reddy|
|Headquarters||Chennai, Tamil Nadu, |
|South Asia, Middle East|
|Prathap C. Reddy (Chairman)|
Suneeta Reddy (MD)
Sangita Reddy (MD)
|Products||Hospitals, pharmacy, diagnostic centres|
|Revenue||₹11,273 crore (US$1.6 billion) (2020)|
|₹1,192 crore (US$170 million) (2020)|
|₹434 crore (US$61 million) (2020)|
|Total assets||₹11,338 crore (US$1.6 billion) (2020)|
|Total equity||₹3,266 crore (US$460 million) (2020)|
Number of employees
Hyderabad-based pharmacy chain Hetero Med Solutions Ltd (HMSL) was acquired by Apollo Pharmacy (Apollo Hospitals Enterprise Ltd) in 2014. HMSL had around 320 stores across Telangana, Andhra Pradesh and Tamil Nadu.
Apollo White DentalEdit
Apollo White Dental is a brand owned by Alliance Dental Care which is a joint venture between Apollo Hospitals and Trivitron Healthcare, a medical technology and equipment provider in India. The dental chain has over 75 centers in 18 cities across India and 7-star dental Spas at six major cities in India.
In 2015, Apollo Hospitals introduced its digital platform, Ask Apollo. The platform provides remote healthcare services. The platform connects patients with doctors remotely and provides services like consultation with doctors via video, voice calls and email. Apollo developed the platform in partnership with the Hyderabad-based emergency and healthcare management services firm, HealthNet Global and Vidyo.
Apollo Medskills is a medical skills development institute in India that was set up in 2012 as joint venture between Apollo Hospitals and National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) as part of setting up more than 40 training institutes across the country to train and upgrade the skills of hospital workforce across the country.
Google Health SnippetsEdit
Google has a partnership with Apollo Hospitals for medical information in its featured snippets.
- "Apollo Hospitals Enterprise Ltd. Financial Statements". moneycontrol.com.
- "Accreditation for 3 Apollo Hospital branches". The Hindu. 10 May 2006. Archived from the original on 28 June 2006. Retrieved 11 November 2006.
- "Joint Commission International Organizations". JCI. Retrieved 21 June 2020.
- "Appolo Hospitals accreditation". NABH.
- "Telemedicine puts AP village on health map". The Indian Express. 7 September 2005. accessed at "Archived copy". Inia Empored. Archived from the original on 21 October 2006. Retrieved 11 November 2006.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link) 11 November 2006
- "NHS to recruit Indian doctors to plug gaps in GP services". The Daily Telegraph. 7 April 2016. Retrieved 8 April 2016.
- "Apollo Hospitals Group Enters Kerala State in Association". Apollo Hospitals.
- "Apollo Hospitals". Kochi Apollo Hospitals.
- "Apollo Pharmacy opens 3,000th outlet". Business Standard. 31 March 2018.
- "Apollo Pharmacy, India's largest retail pharmacy chain". Bio Voice. 2 April 2018.
- "Apollo Hospitals acquires Hetero Pharmacy assets for Rs 146 cr". Business Standard. 17 September 2014.
- "Trivitron, Apollo in Dental JV; To Raise Rs 75Cr in PE Funding". VC Circle. 14 October 2011.
- "Apollo Hospitals issues letter of comfort for Alliance Dental". Economic Times. 23 February 2016.
- "SBI, Apollo Hospitals launch Apollo SBI Card". Bio Spectrum India. 27 September 2018.
- "Apollo Hospitals makes online medical consultancy viable with Ask Apollo". TechSpirit. 19 October 2015. Retrieved 16 December 2017.
- Bhardwaj, Mamta (15 October 2015). "Apollo goes digital, launches Ask Apollo for remote patient care". Deccan Herald. Retrieved 16 December 2017.
- Somasekhar, M (12 July 2016). "Apollo inks deals with Kenya in healthcare". The Hindu Business Line. Retrieved 16 December 2017.
- "NSDC to acquire 27% stake in Apollo Med Skills". The Economic Times. 18 May 2012.
- "Apollo Medskills, NSDC tie up for training centres". The Hindu Business Line. 5 February 2013.
- "Search for medical information on Google - Google Search Help". support.google.com. Retrieved 1 January 2021.
- Rama V. Baru (11 November 2006). "Privatisation and corporatisation, 2000:paper 489". Seminar Publications, New Delhi.