|Born||1980 (age 38–39)|
|Alma mater||St John's College, Cambridge|
|Known for||Co-presenter of Peston,|
Host of Today in Focus
Asthana joined The Observer as a general reporter in 2003 and spent several months at The Washington Post in 2006. Later she was a political correspondent for The Times before beginning to work for Sky News in 2013 as a political correspondent.
In succession to Patrick Wintour, Asthana was appointed in December 2015 as the joint political editor of The Guardian, in a job share arrangement with Heather Stewart which began in early 2016.
- Asthana, Anushka (26 November 2006). "My heart belongs to Delhi". The Observer. Retrieved 11 December 2015.
- Asthana, Anushka (14 October 2013). "Uncertain Journey Towards New Life In Britain". Sky News. Archived from the original on 18 October 2013.
- Asthana, Anushka. "Anushka Asthana: Class of 1998". Manchester High School for Girls. Archived from the original on 16 September 2015.
- "Times political reporter Anushka Asthana moves to Sky News". Press Gazette. 16 May 2013. Archived from the original on 1 November 2014.
- Thorne, Anna (16 May 2014). "The highs and lows of the most exciting job you can do". The Oxford Student. Archived from the original on 1 July 2014.
- Ponsford, Dominic (11 December 2015). "Guardian 'breaks the mould' by making Anushka Asthana and Heather Stewart political editor on job share". Press Gazette. Retrieved 11 December 2015.
- Jackson, Jasper (11 December 2015). "Anushka Asthana and Heather Stewart to share role of Guardian political editor". The Guardian. Retrieved 11 December 2015.
- Peston on Sunday (20 April 2017). "Anushka Asthana". Twitter. Retrieved 25 April 2017.