Antonia Gransden (1928 – 18 January 2020), English historian and medievalist, was Reader in Medieval History at the University of Nottingham. She was author of works in medieval historiography, including the two-volume study Historical Writing in England.
She died on 18 January 2020 at the age of 91.
|Scholia has an author profile for Antonia Gransden.|
- A History of the Abbey of Bury St Edmunds, 1257-1301. Simon of Luton and John of Northwold (Woodbridge: Boydell and Brewer, 2015)
- (ed.) The Letter-Book of William of Hoo: Sacrist of Bury St Edmunds, 1280–1294 (Ipswich: Suffolk Records Society, 1963)
- (ed. & trans.) The Chronicle of Bury St Edmunds 1212–1301 (London; Edinburgh: Nelson, 1964)
- (ed.) The Customary of the Benedictine Abbey of Bury St. Edmunds in Suffolk: (from Harleian MS. 1005 in the British Museum) (Henry Bradshaw Society, 1973)
- Historical Writing in England, c.550 to c.1307 (London: Routledge and Kegan Paul, 1974)
- Historical Writing in England. 2, c.1307 to the Early Sixteenth Century (London: Routledge and Kegan Paul, 1982)
- Legends, Traditions, and History in Medieval England (London: Hambledon Press, 1992)
- "Antonia Gransden, 91: Medievalist, watercolourist and friend of EM Forster". Times (UK). 14 March 2020. Retrieved 10 October 2020.
- Murray, Penelope (3 August 1998). "Obituary: K. W. Gransden". The Independent.
- Clark, James (16 February 2020). "Antonia Gransden obituary". The Guardian. Retrieved 1 March 2020.