Antiquity is an academic journal dedicated to the subject of archaeology. It publishes six issues a year, covering topics worldwide from all periods. Its current editor is Robert Witcher, Associate Professor of Archaeology at the University of Durham. Since 2015, the journal has been published by Cambridge University Press.
|Edited by||Robert Witcher|
|License||CC BY 4.0|
Antiquity was founded by the British archaeologist O. G. S. Crawford in 1927. The journal is owned by the Antiquity Trust, a registered charity. The current trustees are Graeme Barker, Amy Bogaard, Robin Coningham, Barry Cunliffe, Roberta Gilchrist, Chris Gosden, Anthony Harding, Paul Mellars, Martin Millett, Nicky Milner, Stephanie Moser, and Cameron Petrie.
List of editorsEdit
Antiquity's editorial advisory board has 25 members from Australia, Brazil, China, France, Germany, Japan, New Zealand, Philippines, Russia, the UK and the United States.
- Stankus, T. (2002). Journals of the Century. Haworth Information Press serials librarianship. Haworth Information Press. pp. 141–150. ISBN 978-0-7890-1134-3. Retrieved 12 February 2018.
- Scarre, Chris (2014). "Editorial". Antiquity. Cambridge University Press (CUP). 88 (342): 1029–1034. doi:10.1017/s0003598x00115297. ISSN 0003-598X.
- Bailey, G.N.; Harff, J.; Sakellariou, D. (2017). Under the Sea: Archaeology and Palaeolandscapes of the Continental Shelf. Coastal Research Library. Springer International Publishing. p. 426. ISBN 978-3-319-53160-1. Retrieved 12 February 2018.
- "The Antiquity Trust – Antiquity". Antiquity. 35 (138): 90. June 1961. doi:10.1017/S0003598X00035948. ISSN 0003-598X.
- "Antiquity". Cambridge Core. Retrieved 12 February 2018.
- Jim Cole; Tony Stankus (25 February 2014). Journals of the Century. Routledge. pp. 146–. ISBN 978-1-317-72014-0.
- "Daniel, Prof. Glyn Edmund, (23 April 1914–13 Dec. 1986), Fellow of St John's College, Cambridge, since 1938; Disney Professor of Archæology, University of Cambridge, 1974–81, Emeritus Professor since 1981 (Lecturer, 1948–74)". Who Was Who. Oxford University Press. 1 December 2007. doi:10.1093/ww/9780199540884.013.u163397.
- "CHIPPINDALE, Christopher Ralph". Who's Who 2013. A & C Black. November 2012. Retrieved 17 July 2013.
- "MALONE, Dr Caroline Ann Tuke, (Mrs S. K. F. Stoddart)". Who's Who 2013. A & C Black. November 2012. Retrieved 18 July 2013.
- "Carver, Prof. Martin Oswald Hugh, (born 8 July 1941), Professor of Archaeology, University of York, 1986–2008, now Emeritus". Who's Who. Oxford University Press. 1 December 2007. doi:10.1093/ww/9780199540884.013.43810.
- "Prof CJ Scarre". Durham University. 15 April 2017. Archived from the original on 15 April 2017. Retrieved 12 February 2018.
- "Dr RE Witcher - Durham University". www.dur.ac.uk. Retrieved 8 November 2018.
- "Editorial board". Cambridge Core. 12 February 2018. Archived from the original on 12 February 2018. Retrieved 12 February 2018.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Antiquity (journal).|
|This article about a journal on archaeology is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
See tips for writing articles about academic journals. Further suggestions might be found on the article's talk page.