Anthony Prosper Quiney  (born 1935) is an architectural historian, building archaeologist, writer and photographer who has lived in Blackheath for many years. Dr. Quiney is Professor Emeritus of Architectural History at the University of Greenwich, a distinguished Fellow of the Society of Antiquaries of London and President Emeritus of the Royal Archaeological Institute. He has authored several books on the architectural history of England., RAI
As a young boy, he was evacuated from London during the rocket attacks of 1945, to the countryside near a U.S. military airfield, where an American aircrew took him around their B-17 Flying Fortress bomber. This led to a lifelong fascination with military aviation. As a young man, Quiney performed his national service as a radar technician in the Royal Air Force, and later in life he realised a dream of piloting a restored Supermarine Spitfire.
- John Loughborough Pearson, 1979. ISBN 0-300-02253-0.
- House and Home: History of the Small English House, 1986. ISBN 0-563-21133-4.
- The English Country Town, 1987. ISBN 0-500-01405-1.
- Period Houses, a guide to authentic architectural features, 1989. ISBN 0-540-01173-8.
- Kent Houses: English Domestic Architecture, 1993. ISBN 1-85149-153-8.
- Wall to Wall, An exploration of building materials and domestic architecture, 1994. ISBN 1-86000-013-4.
- The Traditional Buildings of England, 1995. ISBN 0-500-27661-7
- Panoramas of English Villages, with Nick Meers. 2000. ISBN 978-1-85799-946-4.
- England's Architectural Heritage, 2002. ISBN 1-903807-23-9.
- Town Houses of Medieval Britain, 2004. ISBN 0-300-09385-3.
- A Year in the Life of Greenwich Park, 2009. ISBN 0-7112-2871-X.
- The Undone Years: a story of two families, 1907–1923, 2015.
- Member of the Royal Archaeological Institute
- Quiney, Anthony (October 12, 1986). "House and home a history of the small English house". British Broadcasting Corp.
- Anthony Quiney (2004-01-11). "Town Houses of Medieval Britain – Quiney, Anthony – Yale University Press". Yalepress.yale.edu. Retrieved 2013-09-09.
- "Society of Antiquaries of London – List of Fellows". Sal.org.uk. Archived from the original on 2012-07-09. Retrieved 2013-09-09.
- "Ginnie Hole". IMDb.
- Quiney, Anthony (2009). A Year in the Life of Greenwich Park. London: Frances Lincoln Publishers. ISBN 978-0-7112-2871-9.