Anthony Holland (actor)
Anthony Holland (March 3, 1928 - July 9, 1988) was an American actor, best known for his comic performances in theatre, film and television.
|Born||March 3, 1928|
Brooklyn, New York, U.S.
|Died||July 9, 1988 (aged 60)|
New York City, New York, U.S.
|Cause of death||suicide|
His film appearances included the 1979 Bob Fosse film All That Jazz, the original 1970 version of the Neil Simon-penned The Out-of-Towners, Sidney Lumet's Bye Bye Braverman, Alan J. Pakula's Klute and Paul Mazursky's 1982 film Tempest. He also appeared in television series including Combat!, Columbo, The Mary Tyler Moore Show, M*A*S*H, Hill Street Blues and Cagney and Lacey. In 1973 he starred opposite Bernadette Peters and Carl Ballantine in the ABC musical comedy special Break Up.
- Goldstein (1964) - Aid
- Fearless Frank (1967) - Alfred
- Bye Bye Braverman (1968) - Max Ottenstein
- Where It's At (1969) - Henry
- Midnight Cowboy (1969) - TV Bishop - New York
- Popi (1969) - Pickett
- The Virgin President (1969) - Machiavelli von Clausewitz
- The Out-of-Towners (1970) - Desk Clerk - Night
- Lovers and Other Strangers (1970) - Donaldson
- The Anderson Tapes (1971) - Psychologist
- Klute (1971) - Actor's Agent
- Hammersmith Is Out (1972) - Oldham
- Parades (1972) - Filmmaker I
- Hearts of the West (1975) - Guest at Beach Party
- Lucky Lady (1975) - Mr. Tully
- The Sentinel (1977) - Party host
- House Calls (1978) - TV moderator
- Rush It (1978) - Lewis & Lewis
- King of the Gypsies (1978) - Mr. Tomlin
- All That Jazz (1979) - Paul Dann
- Oh, God! Book II (1980) - Dr. Jerome Newell
- Tempest (1982) - Sebastian
- The Lonely Lady (1983) - Guy Jackson
- Walls (1984) - Frank McIntyre
- Wise Guys (1986) - Karl the Desk Clerk
- High Stakes (1986) - Nicholas von Reich
- The Christmas Star (1986) - Old Con
- Yarrow, Andrew (July 12, 1988). "Anthony Holland Is Dead at 60; Actor, Ill With AIDS, Is a Suicide". The New York Times.
- Rich, Frank (February 27, 1987). "Stage: 'Hunger Artist', Kafka In Life And Work". The New York Times.