In his youth, Ledić was a Yugoslav champion and national record holder in long jump and decathlon. His decathlon personal best, set in 1961, makes him the all-time 6th Croatian decathlete as of 2013[update].
He has never been a member of a political party, but he was very close to Franjo Tuđman and the Croatian Democratic Union. His first entry to politics happened during the Zagreb Crisis when he was proposed by Tuđman as a compromise candidate for Zagreb mayor.
- "Predsjednički kandidati". vjesnik.hr (in Croatian). Archived from the original on 2009-12-23. Retrieved 2010-02-14.
- "Životopisi predsjedničkih kandidata" (in Croatian). Croatian Radiotelevision. January 8, 2000. Archived from the original on October 18, 2015. Retrieved 2011-01-10.
- "Tablice svih vremena - Desetoboj (M)" (in Croatian). Croatian Athletics Federation. Retrieved 2013-11-07.
- "Službeno objavljene kandidature za predsjedničke izbore". hrt.hr (in Croatian). Croatian Radiotelevision. January 7, 2000. Archived from the original on September 9, 2012. Retrieved 2010-02-14.
- "Rezultati izbora za izbor Predsjednika Republike Hrvatske 2000" (in Croatian). HIDRA. Archived from the original on 2011-07-21. Retrieved 2010-02-14.
|This article about a Croatian politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|