Anokhi Raat (lit. Strange Night) is a 1968 Hindi film produced by L. B. Lachman and L. B. Thakur and directed by Asit Sen. The film stars Sanjeev Kumar, Zaheeda Hussain, Aruna Irani, Keshto Mukherjee and Parikshit Sahni. It has music by Salil Choudhary and Roshan. The film has some outstanding songs that include "Oh Re Taal Mile", "Mahalon Ka Raja Mila", "Mile Na Phool To", and "Dulhan Se Tumhara Milan Hoga".
|Directed by||Asit Sen|
|Produced by||L.B. Lachman|
|Written by||Hrishikesh Mukherjee|
|Music by||Salil Choudhary|
|Edited by||Tarun Dutta|
The events depicted in the film take place on a single night and results in several characters sharing their life stories. It is a fascinating depiction of some of the challenges faced by the poor and by women in Indian society, some of which continue to this day.
- Sanjeev Kumar as Baldev Singh
- Zaheeda Hussain as Rama / Gopa
- Tarun Bose as Madan Lal
- Aruna Irani as Mrs. Prema Rai
- Parikshit Sahni as Painter
- Anwar Hussain as Ram Das
Parikshit Sahni incidentally changed his screen name to Ajay Sahni at the suggestion of Sanjeev Kumar during the shooting of this film, before eventually reverting to his own name a few years later.
Track Singer Music Lyrics
1. Oh Re Taal Mile Nadi ke jal mein //Mukesh// //Roshan// //Indeevar//
2. Dulhan se Tumhara Milan Hoga //Mukesh// //Roshan// //Indeevar//
3. Meri Beri ke Ber mat Todo //Asha Bhosle// //Roshan// //Indeevar//
4. Mahlon ka Raja Mila //Lata Mangeshkar// //Roshan// //Indeevar//
5. Mile na Phool to Kanton //Mohd. Rafi// //Roshan// //Kaifi Azmi//