Annual Review of Materials Research
The Annual Review of Materials Research is a peer-reviewed journal that publishes review articles about materials science. It has been published by the nonprofit Annual Reviews since 1971, when it was first released under the title the Annual Review of Materials Science. Three people have served as editors, with the current editor David R. Clarke serving in the position since 2001. It has an impact factor of 12.531 as of 2019.
|Edited by||David R. Clarke|
|Annual Review of Materials Science (1971–2000)|
|History||1971–present, 50 years old|
Annual Reviews (US)
|ISO 4||Annu. Rev. Mater. Res.|
The Annual Review of Materials Science was first published in 1971 by the nonprofit publisher Annual Reviews, making it their sixteenth journal. Its first editor was Robert Huggins. In 2001, its name was changed to the current form, the Annual Review of Materials Research. The name change was intended "to better reflect the broad appeal that materials research has for so many diverse groups of scientists and not simply those who identify themselves with the academic discipline of materials science." As of 2020, it was published both in print and electronically.
It defines its scope as covering significant developments in the field of materials science, including methodologies for studying materials and materials phenomena. As of 2019, Journal Citation Reports lists the journal's impact factor as 12.531, ranking it nineteenth of 314 titles in the category "Materials Science, Multidisciplinary". It is abstracted and indexed in Scopus, Science Citation Index Expanded, Civil Engineering Abstracts, INSPEC, and Academic Search, among others.
The Annual Review of Materials Research is helmed by the editor or the co-editors. The editor is assisted by the editorial committee, which includes associate editors, regular members, and occasionally guest editors. Guest members participate at the invitation of the editor, and serve terms of one year. All other members of the editorial committee are appointed by the Annual Reviews board of directors and serve five-year terms. The editorial committee determines which topics should be included in each volume and solicits reviews from qualified authors. Unsolicited manuscripts are not accepted. Peer review of accepted manuscripts is undertaken by the editorial committee.
List of editorsEdit
Current editorial committeeEdit
As of 2021, the editorial committee consists of the editor and the following members:
- "Journal Impact Factors". Annual Reviews. Retrieved 11 December 2020.
- "Preface". Annual Review of Materials Science. 1. 1971. doi:10.1146/annurev.mr.1.072706.100001.
- "Preface". Annual Review of Materials Science. 14. 1984. doi:10.1146/annurev.mr.14.072806.100001.
- Clarke, David R. (2001). "Preface by David R. Clarke". Annual Review of Materials Research. 31. doi:10.1146/annurev.mr.31.010101.100001.
- "Expected Publication Dates". Annual Reviews. Retrieved 14 December 2020.
- "Annual Review of Materials Research". Annual Reviews. Retrieved 14 December 2020.
- "Annual Review of Materials Research". MIAR. Retrieved 14 December 2020.
- "Editorial Principles and Policies". Annual Reviews. Retrieved 11 December 2020.
- "Information for Unsolicited Authors and Reviewers". Annual Reviews. Retrieved 11 December 2020.
- "Preface". Annual Review of Materials Science. 24. 1994. doi:10.1146/annurev.mr.24.072806.100001.
- "Annual Review of Materials Research, Current Editorial Committe". Annual Reviews. Retrieved 4 January 2021.