Lowrey in 2016
|Born||1984 (age 34–35)|
|Alma mater||Harvard University|
|Spouse(s)||Ezra Klein (m. 2011)|
Previously, Lowrey covered economic policy for The New York Times. Prior to that, she covered the economy as the Moneybox columnist for Slate. Lowrey joined Slate in 2010 as part of an effort to revamp their coverage of business and the economy. She was also a staff writer for the Washington Independent and served on the editorial staffs of Foreign Policy and The New Yorker. Lowrey has appeared as a guest on the PBS Newshour, The Rachel Maddow Show Morning Joe, Up with Steve Kornacki and Bloggingheads.tv. She is a proponent of Universal Basic Income.
Lowery attended Harvard University and wrote for the Harvard Crimson. Lowrey is married to Ezra Klein, the editor-at-large of Vox and contributor to MSNBC. They have one child, born six weeks preterm in February 2019.
Give People Money: How a Universal Basic Income Would End Poverty, Revolutionize Work, and Remake the World (2018) was shortlisted for the 2018 Financial Times and McKinsey Business Book of the Year Award.
- Pappu, Sridhar (25 March 2011). "Young Pundits Become Washington's Media Elite". The New York Times.
- Mazel Tov, Media Power Couple – The New York Observer
- "Lowrey to cover economic policy for The Atlantic". Talking Biz News. Retrieved 2018-03-26.
- "Annie Lowrey leaving Slate". New York Magazine.
- "Annie Lowrey writes on the economy and business for Slate". Slate.
- "Annie Lowrey". The Guardian. Retrieved 2014-08-18.
- "Borders Closes the Book as Decisions Come Back to Haunt Chain".
- Maddow, Rachel. "Unemployed Could Wield Power". YouTube.
- "The Super-Rich Are Different From You and Me".
- Lowrey, Annie (August 16, 2018). "Why the U.S. Should Provide Universal Basic Income". The Atlantic.
- "Annie M. Lowrey". The Harvard Crimson. Jun 5, 2007. Archived from the original on 2010-01-21.
- Klein, Ezra. "Reconciliation – and more". Washington Post. Retrieved 2 June 2011.
- "New York Media Power Couples". New York Observer. Retrieved 6 July 2011.
- Ezra Klein and Jane Coaston (February 25, 2019). "Noah Rothman on the "unjustice" of social justice politics". The Ezra Klein Show (Podcast). Vox Media Podcast Network. Event occurs at 00:00:20. Retrieved 2019-03-08.
- "FT/McKinsey Business Book of the Year — the shortlist". Financial Times. 14 September 2018. Archived from the original on 15 September 2018. Retrieved 14 September 2018. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- "Annie Lowrey - "Give People Money" And The Case For A Universal Basic Income - Extended Interview by Trevor Noah". The Daily Show With Trevor Noah. July 18, 2018.