Annette Ngozi Ilonzeh is an Nigerian-American actress. From 2010 to 2011, she played Maya Ward on the ABC daytime soap opera General Hospital, and later starred as Kate Prince in the short-lived ABC reboot of Charlie's Angels. She later had a recurring roles on shows such as Arrow, Drop Dead Diva and Empire. In 2017, Ilonzeh played Kidada Jones in the biographical drama film All Eyez on Me, and starred in the thriller 'Til Death Do Us Part.
Annette Ngozi Ilonzeh
August 23, 1983
Life and careerEdit
Ilonzeh was born in Grapevine, Texas and went to Colleyville Heritage High School. Her father is a Nigerian of Igbo descent, and her mother is white. In 2007, she made her television debut in an episode of the CBS series How I Met Your Mother. She had bit roles in the movies He's Just Not That Into You, Miss March and Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lightning Thief. Ilonzeh had a recurring role in the CW prime time soap opera Melrose Place from 2009 to 2010, and in 2010 guest starred in three episodes of Entourage. From 2010 to 2011, she played the role Maya Ward on the ABC daytime soap opera General Hospital.
In January 2011, Ilonzeh was announced as one of the "Angels" on the reboot of the 1970s television series Charlie's Angels. The series, which premiered in September 2011, received mostly negative reviews, and was cancelled the day after the fourth episode. In March 2012, it was announced that Ilonzeh would be recurring on The CW series Arrow. Later that year, she began appearing in a recurring role in the ABC Family drama series Switched at Birth. In 2013, she played a leading role in the Lifetime television film Killer Reality. Ilonzeh also guest starred in the second season of CW's Beauty & the Beast, and had a recurring role on Lifetime comedy-drama Drop Dead Diva in 2013. Later, she had a recurring roles on Person of Interest and Empire.
In 2017, Ilonzeh had her first major film role, playing Kidada Jones in the biographical drama All Eyez on Me, about hip-hop artist Tupac Shakur. Later that year, appeared in the psychological thriller 'Til Death Do Us Part. In 2018, Ilonzeh appeared in the action thriller Peppermint, and was cast in a lead role on the ABC drama pilot Staties, which has yet to air as of October 2018.
|2009||He's Just Not That into You||Hot Girl|
|2009||Miss March||Beautiful Girl #2|
|2009||Not Necessary||Whitley||Short film|
|2010||Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lightning Thief||Aphrodite Girl|
|2013||Killer Reality||Hayley Vance|
|2017||All Eyez on Me||Kidada Jones|
|2017||'Til Death Do Us Part||Madison Roland|
|2018||Peppermint||FBI agent Lisa Inman|
|2007||How I Met Your Mother||Becky||Episode: "The Yips" (season 3: episode 10)|
|2008||Do Not Disturb||Episode: "Pilot" (season 1: episode 1)|
|2009–2010||Melrose Place||Natasha||Recurring role, 3 episodes|
|2010–2011||General Hospital||Maya Ward||Main cast, 79 episodes|
|2010–2011||Entourage||Rachel||Recurring role, 3 episodes|
|2011||The Game||Anthea||Episode: "A Very Special Episode" (season 4: episode 9)|
|2011||Charlie's Angels||Kate Prince||Main cast, 8 episodes|
|2012–2014||Arrow||Joanna De La Vega||Recurring role, 8 episodes|
|2012–2013||Switched at Birth||Lana||Recurring role, 8 episodes|
|2013||Diary of a Champion||Ciara Tryce||Web series, 2 episodes|
|2013||Drop Dead Diva||Nicole||Recurring role, 7 episodes|
|2013–2014||Beauty & the Beast||Beth Bowman||Episodes: "Reunion" (season 2, episode 5) |
"Operation Fake Date" (season 2, episode 21)
|2014||Rush||Jordana Rourke||Episode: "Where Is My Mind?"|
|2015-2016||Person of Interest||Harper Rose||Recurring role, 5 episodes|
|2015||Graceland||Courtney Gallo||Recurring role, 3 episodes|
|2016||Empire||Harper Scott||Recurring role, 4 episodes|
|2017||American Horror Story: Cult||Erika||Episode: "Great Again"|
|2018–present||Chicago Fire||Emily Foster||Main Role|
|2018||Chicago P.D.||Episode: "Endings"|
|TBA||Staties||Eliza Cortez||lead role, unaired pilot, filmed 2018|
- "Annie Ilonzeh". TVGuide.com. Retrieved 27 February 2018.
- "Annie Ilonzeh Bio". Soapoperadigest.com. 23 August 1983. Archived from the original on June 12, 2012. Retrieved February 17, 2012.
- Martindale, David (June 13, 2017). "Tarrant actress Annie Ilonzeh goes all-in on Tupac film, 'a story that needs to be told'". Fort Worth Star-Telegram. Retrieved March 17, 2019 – via www.star-telegram.com.
- "Annie Ilonzeh Doesn't See Color But Is Happy To Be Charlie's First Black Angel". 10 October 2011. Retrieved 20 April 2018.
- Filmography by type for Annie Ilonzeh. IMDb
- Adams, Erik; VanDerWerff, Todd (September 22, 2011). "'Charlie's Angels' seems like it's embarrassed to be an 'Angels' remake". The A.V. Club. The Onion. Retrieved October 16, 2011.
- Jeffery, Morgan (March 13, 2012). "'Arrow': CW superhero drama adds 'Charlie's Angels' star Annie Ilonzeh". Digital Spy. Retrieved March 27, 2012.
- "Killer Reality". myLifetime.com. Archived from the original on 2014-09-05. Retrieved 2014-08-18.
- Ross, Robyn (September 5, 2013). "Beauty and the Beast Scoop: Who Are Cat and Vincent's New Threats?". TV Guide. Retrieved September 6, 2013.
- Obenson, Tambay A. (20 February 2016). "Annie Ilonzeh Cast to Play Kidada Jones in Morgan Creek's Tupac Shakur Biopic". Retrieved 27 February 2018.
- "'Til Death Do Us Part': Film Review". Retrieved 27 February 2018.
- N'Duka, Amanda (28 November 2017). "Jennifer Garner Thriller 'Peppermint' Adds Kyla Drew & Annie Ilonzeh". Retrieved 27 February 2018.
- Andreeva, Nellie (21 February 2018). "'Staties': Annie Ilonzeh Cast As Lead Of ABC Drama Pilot". Retrieved 27 February 2018.