Anne M. State (born May 2, 1969) is an American television news anchor, currently weeknight anchor for KGTV, the ABC station in San Diego, California. State was formerly at KOIN-TV, the CBS affiliate in Portland, Oregon from July 2014 to April 2015, and was one of the two principal news anchors at WBBM-TV in Chicago from 2008 to 2010.
Early life and educationEdit
In 1994, State backpacked around the world.
State began her journalism career as a reporter and fill-in anchor at KTKA-TV in Topeka, Kansas. She then worked from 1998 until 2000 as a morning anchor and general assignment reporter at KCCI-TV in Des Moines, Iowa. From 2000 to 2002, State worked as a weekend morning anchor and reporter at KMOV-TV in St. Louis, Missouri. In 2002, she joined KNSD-TV in San Diego where she worked as a reporter.
She joined WITI-TV Fox 6 in Milwaukee in October 2010 as a weeknight co-anchor. In July 2014 she became the nightly news anchor for KOIN in Portland OR. During the evening newscast April 14, 2015, State's co-anchor announced that she had stepped down from her position at KOIN, effective immediately, to care for her ailing parents.
- "Anne State". KGTV 10. September 10, 2015. Retrieved October 25, 2015.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on November 28, 2008. Retrieved December 3, 2008.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- https://www.chicagotribune.com/topic/kswb-newsanchor-astate,0,2045583.story[permanent dead link]
- "Newsmakers". TVWeek. Dexter Canfield Media Inc. March 25, 2008. Retrieved July 17, 2016.
- Rosenthal, Phil (March 26, 2010). "WBBM anchor Anne State out, weatherman Ed Curran off". Chicago Tribune. Retrieved July 17, 2016.
- "Channel 6 hires a new anchor from Chicago". OnMilwaukee.com. September 23, 2010. Retrieved July 17, 2016.
- "KOIN 6 News anchor Anne State steps down". KOIN. April 14, 2015. Retrieved July 17, 2016.
- Turnquist, Kristi (April 14, 2015). "KOIN-TV announces anchor Anne State is leaving, to care for her parents". The Oregonian. Portland, Oregon. Retrieved July 17, 2016.