Anne-Sophie Thilo (born 3 December 1987) is a Swiss former sailor, who specialized in the two-person dinghy (470) class. Together with her partner Emmanuelle Rol, she won a silver medal at the Europeans in Riva del Garda, Italy and was named one of the country's top sailors in the double-handed dinghy for the Summer Olympics a few months later in Beijing, finishing in a lowly seventeenth place. A member of her native Pully's local sailing club (French: Club Nautique de Pully), Thilo trained most of her sporting career under the federation's head coach for 470, French-born Nicolas Novara.
|Full name||Anne-Sophie Thilo|
|Born||3 December 1987|
Pully, Vaud, Switzerland
|Height||1.79 m (5 ft 10+1⁄2 in)|
|Weight||66 kg (146 lb)|
|Club||Club Nautique de Pully|
|Coach||Nicolas Novara (FRA)|
Thilo competed for the Swiss sailing squad, as a crew member in the women's 470 class, at the 2008 Summer Olympics in Beijing. She and skipper Rol topped the Swiss Sailing Federation's selection criteria for a coveted spot on the Olympic team, based on their cumulative scores attained in a series of international regattas, including their runner-up finish at the Europeans a few months earlier. The Swiss duo seized their advantage at the initial half of the series by taking the top-ten spots each in races 2 to 4, but a series of unanticipated technical errors towards the final legs pushed both Thilo and Rol to the near end of the fleet, sitting them in a lowly seventeenth overall with 114 net points.
When she and Rol split their partnership in late 2008, Thilo teamed up with several Swiss sailors at various international regattas until her sporting career came to a fruitful end in 2013. Thilo currently served as a chairman and sports development consultant for the Athletes' Council at the 2020 Winter Youth Olympics in Lausanne.
- Evans, Hilary; Gjerde, Arild; Heijmans, Jeroen; Mallon, Bill; et al. "Anne-Sophie Thilo". Olympics at Sports-Reference.com. Sports Reference LLC. Archived from the original on 18 April 2020. Retrieved 12 April 2020.
- "Rol et Thilo ne navigueront plus ensemble" [Rol and Thilo will no longer sail together] (in French). 20 minutes. 4 December 2008. Retrieved 12 April 2020.
- "EM-Silber für Rol/Thilo" [European silver for Rol and Thilo] (in German). Volksblatt. 14 June 2008. Retrieved 12 April 2020.
- "Jung und unerfahren" [Young and inexperienced] (in German). Berner Zeitung. 14 June 2008. Retrieved 12 April 2020.
- "Zwei Quotenplätze für Schweizer Segler" [Two quota places for Swiss sailors] (in German). Volksblatt. 30 January 2008. Retrieved 12 April 2020.
- "Beijing 2008: Women's 470 Class". Beijing 2008. NBC Olympics. Archived from the original on 5 January 2014. Retrieved 13 September 2013.
- Wullschleger, Jacques (4 December 2008). "Anne-Sophie Thilo, ancienne championne de voile" [Anne-Sophie Thilo, a former sailing champion]. www.cooperation.ch (in French). Retrieved 12 April 2020.
- "Meeting Between an Olympian and the Students". Lausanne 2020. 13 February 2019. Retrieved 12 April 2020.