This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (January 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Anna North is a writer, editor and reporter who is currently a senior reporter at Vox specializing in covering gender-related issues. She was a regular contributor and member of the editorial board at The New York Times from 2014-2017, and headed the segment "This Week In Hate." North has written or edited for several publications including Jezebel, Buzzfeed, and Salon. Her fiction and non-fiction work has been published in the San Francisco Chronicle, Glimmer Train, and The Atlantic. Anna North authored two fiction books, America Pacifica (2011), and The Life and Death of Sophie Stark (2015), which won a Lambda Literary Award She wrote about Donald Trump during his presidential campaign when she was an editor of The New York Times, regarding his desire to be liked at all costs.
|Born||Williamsburg, Virginia, U.S.|
|Occupation||Reporter, editor writer|
North grew up in Los Angeles, and currently lives in Brooklyn, New York. Before entering writing as a full-time profession, North critiqued films in California for a small newspaper. She graduated from the Iowa Writers Workshop at the University of Iowa.
- "Anna North Profile and Activity - Vox". www.vox.com. Retrieved 2018-01-17.
- "Anna North". The New York Times. 2017-08-23. ISSN 0362-4331. Retrieved 2018-01-17.
- Fassler, Joe. "Writing Is the Process of Abandoning the Familiar". The Atlantic. Retrieved 2018-01-18.
- "Barbershop: Trump's Tweets, How Hate Groups Are Defined And Jay-Z's New Album". NPR.org. Retrieved 2018-01-18.
- North, Anna. "The Jezebel (Very) Short Fiction Contest". Jezebel. Retrieved 2018-01-17.
- "Anna North". BuzzFeed. Retrieved 2018-01-17.
- "Anna North". Retrieved 2018-01-17.
- "Anna North | Penguin Random House". www.penguinrandomhouse.com. Retrieved 2018-01-17.
- "Shaping Her Own Mythos: An Interview with Anna North". the unexpected shape. Retrieved 2018-01-17.
- "Writers' Workshop 2016 literary honors | College of Liberal Arts and Sciences | The University of Iowa". College of Liberal Arts and Sciences | The University of Iowa. 2017-04-26. Retrieved 2018-01-18.
- Scarry, Eddie. "New York Times editor: Trump's speech showed has an 'obsession' with 'adulation'". Washington Examiner. Retrieved 2018-01-18.
- Wayne, Teddy (2011-06-15). "Interview With Anna North, Author of America Pacifica". Huffington Post. Retrieved 2018-01-17.
- ""Brilliant and dangerous": Anna North's fictional Sophie Stark uses and discards people to..." Salon. 2015-06-10. Retrieved 2018-01-17.
- "Authors & Editors with Anna North and Reagan Arthur". centerforfiction.org. May 12, 2011. Retrieved October 30, 2018.