Anna Maria College
This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Motto||Lux et Veritas|
Motto in English
|Light and Truth|
|Type||Private liberal arts college|
|Campus||Rural; 190 acres (76.9 ha)|
|Colors||Cardinal and White|
|Athletics||NCAA Division III – GNAC, ECFC, NECC|
|Affiliations||AAC&U, NAICU, ACCU, NEASC, AICUM, NECC, COWC|
Anna Maria College is a private, coeducational Catholic College founded in 1946 by the Sisters of Saint Anne. The school's original campus was in Marlborough, Massachusetts. In 1952, Anna Maria College moved to its present location on a 192 acres (78 ha) campus in Paxton, Massachusetts.
Anna Maria College has an annual enrollment of 1,500 students who study  35 undergraduate or 21 graduate and continuing education programs. Rooted in the traditions of Catholic education, AMC combines liberal arts and sciences education with career preparation.
Anna Maria College is divided among six academic schools: the School of Business, the School of Education, the School of Justice and Social Sciences, the School of Fire and Health Sciences, the School of Visual and Performing Arts, and the School of Humanities.
The 192-acre (0.78 km2) campus is located in Paxton, Massachusetts (just outside Worcester, MA).
Anna Maria has 13 Division III athletic teams (the "AMCATS") in the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) including men's baseball, basketball, cross country, football, lacrosse, and soccer; and women's basketball, cross country, field hockey, soccer, softball, tennis, and volleyball. It is a member of the Great Northeast Athletic Conference (GNAC). Football is played in the Eastern Collegiate Football Conference (ECFC). Anna Maria was also a charter member of the Commonwealth Coast Conference (CCC), which it competed in from 1984 to 2011 before joining the GNAC.
- "Common Data Set 2011" (PDF). Anna Maria College. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2016-03-04. Retrieved 2012-05-08.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2012-04-19. Retrieved 2012-04-15.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- Bachelor of Science of Nursing Archived July 17, 2013, at the Wayback Machine
- "Bachelor's in Fire Science - Online B.S. in Fire Science - AMC". Anna Maria Online.
- "Master of Public Administration Online - Anna Maria College". Anna Maria Online.
- "Anna Maria Will Launch Biz School". Worcester Business Journal.
- http://www.wbjournal.com/news50865.html?Type=search[permanent dead link]
- "Home". annamaria.edu.