This article relies largely or entirely on a single source. (December 2014)
Anna Johannson as the Fairy Canari (center) in The Sleeping Beauty
Life and careerEdit
Anna Johansson was the daughter of Christian Johansson, the noted Swedish choreographer, teacher and Balletmaster at the Russian Imperial Ballet. She studied ballet with her father and rose to a position as a noted soloist in the Imperial Ballet at the Maryinsky Theatre.
- The Fairy Canari and the Diamond Fairy in The Sleeping Beauty (1890)
- The leading soloist of the Waltz of the Flowers in The Nutcracker (1892)
- The Fairy Godmother in Cinderella (1893)
- Aurora, the Goddess of the Dawn in The Awakening of Flora (1894)
- The Black Pearl in La Perle (1896)
- The female variation of the Grand Pas Classique Hongrois in Raymonda (1898)
- Wiley, Roland John (1997). The Life and Ballets of Lev Ivanov.
- Wiley, Roland John (2001). A Century of Russian Ballet.
- Clarke, Mary; Crisp, Clement (1992). Ballet: An Illustrated History.