Ankhefensekhmet (ˁnḫ=f n sḫm.t; "He lives for Sekhmet") was a High Priest of Ptah during the 21st Dynasty in Egypt. He probably served during the reign of Psusennes II and maybe the reign of Shoshenq I.
High Priest of Ptah in Memphis
|Pharaoh||Psusennes II? and Shoshenq I?|
|Wife||Tapeshenese, First Chief of the Harem of Ptah and Prophetess of Mut|
|Era: 3rd Intermediate Period|
Ankhefensekhmet is known from a genealogy known as Berlin 23673, which was made by his namesake descendant during the late 22nd Dynasty. On it, he is said to be a prophet (hm nTr). He is also mentioned in a genealogy from the Louvre where he is said to be a High Priest of Ptah.
- Hermann Ranke: Die ägyptische Persönennamen. Verlag von J. J. Augustin in Glückstadt, 1935. p.67
- K.A. Kitchen, The Third Intermediate Period in Egypt (1100–650 BC). 3rd ed. 1996 Warminster: Aris & Phillips Limited.
- L. Borchardt, Die Mittel zur Zeitlichen Festlegung von Punkten de Aegyptischen Geschichte und ihre Anwendung, 1935, pg 96-112
- E. Chassinat, Recueil de travaux relatifs à la philologie et à l'archéologie égyptiennes et assyriennes, 22 (1900) 16-17, No 54
- Malinines, Posner, Vercoutter, Catalogue des steles de Sérapéum de Memphis, I, 1968, No. 52, pp. 48–49
- Kees, Zeitschrift fur Agyptischer Sprache, 87 (1962), 146-9