This article may contain an excessive amount of intricate detail that may interest only a particular audience.(September 2021)
Anjan Chowdhury (Bengali: অঞ্জন চৌধুরী; born 17 July 1954) is a Bangladeshi industrialist. He is one of the main stakeholders of Square Group, a Bangladeshi business conglomerate engaged in pharmaceuticals, textiles, toiletries & cosmetics, food & beverage, security services, information technology, healthcare, aviation, banking and television broadcasting.
|Years active||1991–present |
|Relatives||Tapan Chowdhury (brother)|
He is recognized by the Government of Bangladesh as a Commercially Important Person (CIP) for his continuous contribution to the economic development of the country in different years since 2005 and acclaimed as one of the highest taxpayer since 2008.
He actively participated in The Liberation War of Bangladesh in 1971 as a Freedom Fighter; he was a member of Bangladesh Liberation Force(BLF). He was one of approximately 13,000 trained as commando at the Chakrata, Dehradun cantonment in India during the Bangladesh liberation war.
He has been involved with several ventures under the Square Group umbrella, including Maasranga Television, Square Toiletries Ltd., Square Food & Beverages Ltd., and Mediacom Ltd. Over the years, he expanded his business with different ventures known as Sun Communication, Vision Technology, Oracle Travels, Aegis Services Limited and Sun Distribution.
Anjan Chowdhury is a Trustee Member of the Education, Science, Technology and Cultural Development Trust (ESTCDT) of Independent University, Bangladesh. He is the Chairman of Society for the Promotion of Bangladesh Art (SPBA) and President of Annoda Gobinda Public Library, Pabna. He is the Vice President of Bangladesh Olympic Association (BOA) and is a Councilor of Bangladesh Football Federation (BFF). He is a member of the Kurmitola Golf Club (KGC) Executive Board.
He is the President of AOAB (Aviation Operators Association of Bangladesh). He is the President of ATCO (Association of Television Channel Owners). He is the Chairman of Micro Industries Development Assistance and Services (MIDAS) and Dmoney. He is also the Chairman of Sun Foundation and Sun Communications Ltd.
He was the former president of BAPA (Bangladesh Agro Processors Association) and Bangladesh Toiletries and Cosmetic Association.
Contributions in sports, culture and educationEdit
Chowdhury is associated with various sports councils, associations, clubs, etc. and he is honored with lifetime membership of Bangladesh Sports Press Association (BSPA). He was a member of the Pabna District Sports Association's Executive Committee and still conducts their events as a consultant. He has been awarded the National Sports Awards 2009 by The Ministry of Youth & Sports, Government of the People's Republic of Bangladesh. He is the founding chairman of Pabna Pirates FC (Football Club) and Pabna Pirates CC (Cricket Club). He was the former president of Pabna Press Club.
He won the 34th National Film Awards (Bangladesh) as Best Producer in the year 2011 by the Ministry of Culture, Government of the People's Republic of Bangladesh for the feature film "Monpura." He repeated his success at the 45th National Film Award for the film "Bishwoshundori" released in 2020 under his production company Sun Music and Motion Pictures Ltd. He won the Best Producer award along with awards in 7 more categories.  
He is one of the founders of the Dishari Computer Training Institute that engages the poor and meritorious students in the development of skills. He contributed to the renovation of the Public Library of Annoda Gobinda and Bonomali Shilpakala Kendra. He initiated and contributed to ASTRAS, Poura Prathomik Biddaloy, Square Kindergarten, Square High School & College being founded, he is also involved in projects specifically focused on sustainable economy and educational development for the underprivileged.
He is a member of the WINGs (women in need group) advisory board. In cooperation with The Government of The Netherlands and SNV Netherlands Development Organisation, he had helped female RMG workers in Bangladesh to ensure their sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR). He is a current member of American Embassy Employees’ Association, Dhaka.
To promote Bangladeshi cuisine and give local cooks a head-start in the food industry, he has initiated reality show “Shera Radhuni” which highlights the rich history and techniques of Bangladeshi recipes.
Dhaka International Folk FestEdit
Dhaka International Folk Fest is a musical genius celebration where numerous folk artists from home and abroad perform on a single stage. It is a popular three-day folk music celebration. This show is on a journey to globally promote folk music and to introduce the world of folk music to the Bangladeshi people.
- "Board of Directors". Square Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
- "Home". Samson H. Chowdhury.
- "48 selected for industry sector CIP status". New Age.
- "182 businessmen get CIP cards". Daily Sun.
- "MIDAS reelects chairman". The Daily Star. 27 February 2020.
- "Samson: a patriot apart". The Daily Star.
- "Education, Science, Technology and Cultural Development Trust (ESTCDT)". Independent University of Bangladesh.
- "126 years of Annoda Gobinda Public Library celebrated". The Daily Star.
- "Bangladesh Olympic Association Election held". Daily Sun.
- "Abahani observe Sk Kamal's birthday". Dhaka Tribune.
- "Anjan Chowdhury elected president of Aviation Assoc". Daily Sun.
- "No ban on foreign TV channels: PM Adviser Salman". The Independent. Dhaka.
- "Anjan Chowdhury elected chairman of MIDAS". Daily Sun.
- "Digital platform Dmoney starts commercial operation". The Daily Star.
- "Dhaka International Folk Fest Underway". UNB.
- "Three-day cosmetics show begins tomorrow". The Daily Star.
- "National Sports Awards given". The Daily Star.
- "'Ganga Jatra' and 'Monpura' shine". The Daily Star.
- Sun, Daily. "'Bishwoshundori' released digitally on Friday | Daily Sun |". Daily Sun.
- "Anjan Chowdhury Pintu again won the National Film Award - Stream TV Pro". 2022-03-23.
- "Winners of National Film Awards 2020 announced". The Daily Star. 2022-02-15.
- "Of unreleased tracks and untold stories: Team 'Hawa' visits BUET". The Daily Star. 2022-07-26. Retrieved 2022-08-31.
- "Hawa: The game changer". The Financial Express.
- দিশারী কম্পিউটার কোর্সের সনদ বিতরণ. Samakal (in Bengali).
- "Bonomali Shilpakala Kendra reopens in Pabna". The Daily Star.
- পাবনায় স্কয়ার স্কুল ও কলেজের শিক্ষার্থীদের ক্রীড়ায় মুগ্ধ ব্রাজিল ভুটানের রাষ্ট্রদূত. Jugantor (in Bengali).
- "Fifth edition of 'Dhaka Int'l Folk Fest' set to begin Nov 14". The Independent. Dhaka.
- "Registration for 'Magic Bauliana 2019' underway". The Daily Star.
- "'Sera Radhuni 1422' set to start in new manner". The Independent. Dhaka.
- "Dhaka International Folk Fest 2019 to open on November 14". The Daily Star.
- "5th Dhaka International Folk Fest (DIFF) kicks off with versatile performances". Dhaka Tribune.
- on YouTube