Larissa de Macedo Machado (born 30 March 1993), known professionally as Anitta, is a Brazilian singer, songwriter, actress, dancer, businesswoman. She is managed internationally by John Shahidi of Shots Studios.
Anitta in 2019
Larissa de Macedo Machado
30 March 1993
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
|Residence||Rio de Janeiro, Brazil|
(m. 2017; div. 2018)
She began singing at age 8 in a choir from a Catholic church in the Honório Gurgel neighborhood in Rio de Janeiro. At the age of 16 she attended a technical school and was called to work at Vale. In 2010, after posting a video on YouTube, Renato Azevedo, then producer of the independent record company Furacão 2000, called her to sign a contract with the label. Due to the success of the song "Meiga e Abusada" in 2012, she signed a contract with Warner Music Brasil the following year.
Anitta rose to national fame in 2013 after releasing the single "Show das Poderosas", which reached the top of the Brasil Hot 100 Airplay chart. Its music video has been viewed over 130 million times on YouTube. In July of the same year, she released her debut studio album which received a triple gold record certificate and platinum certification by ABPD. The album hit the mark of 170,000 copies sold, being also released in Portugal. Ritmo Perfeito (2014), her second studio album, sold 45,000 copies after a month of its release. On the same day she released her first live album, Meu Lugar. In November 2014, she performed at the Latin Grammy Award, becoming the youngest Brazilian singer to perform at the awards. In 2015, she released her third studio album entitled Bang, which was certified platinum and produced the singles "Deixa Ele Sofrer", "Bang", "Essa Mina é Louca" and "Cravo e Canela".
In 2013, Anitta was the singer who most remained at the top of iTunes in Brazil and was elected by the same as the Artist of the Year. She was also elected by the Associação Paulista de Críticos de Arte (APCA) as the revelation of the year in music in 2013. She is a five-time winner as the Best Brazilian Act on the MTV Europe Music Awards, and was the first Brazilian artist to win the Best Latin American Act award.
Anitta was born Larissa de Macedo Machado in Rio de Janeiro, the youngest daughter of Míriam Macedo and Mauro Machado; her brother Renan Machado serves as her artistic producer. Her mother raised the two children by herself. Her father is of Black African descent, while her mother is of Portuguese-Brazilian descent, and possibly also has other ethnicities.
She began her career at 8 years old singing in the choir of Santa Luzia Church in Rio de Janeiro by the intervention of her maternal grandparents. At 11 years old, with the allowance she got, she decided to take English classes. She later received dance lessons provided by her mother's teacher. At 16, she finished a course in administration at a technical school in Rio de Janeiro. A year later, she decided to pursue an artistic career. That same year, she was the winner of the "Revelation of Music" award.
Anitta's stage name was inspired by the character Anita, from Rede Globo TV series Presença de Anita. She thought the character "amazing" because "[she] could be sexy without looking vulgar, girl and woman at the same times".
2012–13: Debut album and initial successEdit
In 2010, Anitta was invited by funk carioca producer Renato Azevedo (known as Batutinha) to perform some tests after he saw one of her videos singing. After being approved, she signed with independent recording label Furacão 2000. That same year she released her first song on radio stations in Rio de Janeiro, the promotional single "Eu Vou Ficar", which was included on the Armagedom DVD, released by Furacão 2000. Advised by her producer, she decided to put another "t" in the stage name. A year later, the song "Fica Só Olhando" was included on the second version of the DVD.
Her first televised appearance was on 16 May 2012 on TV program Cante se Puder, on SBT, where she sang "Exttravasa", a song by Claudia Leitte, inside a beer cup. In June 2012, manager Kamilla Fialho, after watching a performance on stage by Anitta, offered to be her manager, paying a fine of 256,000 reais required to release the singer from her contract with Furacão 2000, later signing her to Kamilas's company K2L.
In early 2013, she created the "quadradinho" choreography, which was very successful among funk groups. In January 2013, due to the success of the song "Meiga e Abusada" in Rio de Janeiro, Anitta signed a recording contract with Warner Music Group. "Meiga e Abusada" became one of the most requested songs in Brazilian radio stations in early 2013. A music video for the song was recorded in Las Vegas, and directed by American director Blake Farber, who has worked with Beyoncé. Her debut, self-titled debut album was released in June 2013.
The music video for the song "Show das Poderosas" received considerable attention by the media in May 2013, becoming the most watched music video on YouTube in Brazil, surpassing 130 million views. Also helping to music, which remained for weeks at the top of the best selling in iTunes Brazil, and making it the third most played song on the radio in the country in 2013. The song also held the top ten of the music charts in Spain, Portugal and Argentina. At the time, the singer's booking was estimated at 150,000 reais per show, being one of the highest in Brazil.
2014–15: Meu Lugar and Ritmo PerfeitoEdit
Sales to the tickets for the recording of her first live album went on sale in November 2013. The event took place in Rio de Janeiro at HSBC Arena on 15 February 2014 and was attended by about 10,000 people. The album was previously titled Fantástico Mundo de Anitta, but was later renamed to Meu Lugar with the release of the song "Quem Sabe" on iTunes. The song "Blá Blá Blá" was released as the lead single from the album on 23 March 2014. It was a success, reaching number two on the Hot 100 Airplay chart in Brazil. The album was released on 4 June 2014, just a day after the release of her second studio album, Ritmo Perfeito.
The second single from the project was a song featuring rapper Projota titled "Cobertor", which reached number 43 on Brazilian charts. The following single "Na Batida" was released in July 2014. Its music video reached 1 million visualizations on YouTube after just 24 hours. It was also a success on charts, peaking at number four on the Hot 100 Airplay chart. Other singles released from the album were "Ritmo Perfeito" and "No Meu Talento", featuring MC Guimê. In April 2014, she made her acting debut as Helena Boccato on comedy film Copa de Elite. In August 2014, she founded her own management company, Rodamoinho Produções Artísticas. In December, she also starred as goddess Solaris on television film Didi e o Segredo dos Anjos.
2015–16: Bang and collaborationsEdit
Her third studio album Bang was released in October 2015. It was elected by Billboard Brasil as one of the most anticipated albums of the year. Its album cover art was signed by Giovanni Bianco, the same designer of American singer Madonna. Bang debuted at number three on the Brazilian albums chart with 40,000 copies sold at its first week. The album has sold 300,000 copies as of May 2016, surpassing sales of her debut album, which has sold 170,000 copies. It was also certified Platinum by the Associação Brasileira de Produtores de Discos (ABPD). The first single of the album, "Deixa Ele Sofrer", which was released on 16 July 2015 and reached the top of the iTunes Brazil chart. The song also made Anitta the first Brazilian singer to occupy the top of Spotify Brazil.
The following single, "Bang", was also a success, staying at number one on iTunes and Spotify for several days, and its music video becoming an international viral video and receiving over 320 million views on YouTube. Other singles released from the album were "Essa Mina É Louca" and "Cravo e Canela". In October 2015, the artist won the EMA Worldwide Act Latin America, being the first Brazilian artist to win the award. A collaboration with Jota Quest and Nile Rodgers, entitled "Blecaute", was released in November 2015.
In 2016, Anitta made her debut as a TV hostess on the third season of Multishow program Música Boa Ao Vivo. The singer was also featured on a remix of the song "Ginza", by singer J Balvin. In August 2016, she released a single titled "Sim ou Não" featuring Colombian singer Maluma, and performed at the 2016 Summer Olympics opening ceremony along with singers Caetano Veloso and Gilberto Gil after the parade of delegations. The next month, she signed a contract with talent agency William Morris Endeavor. In November 2016, she won the Best Brazilian Act category at the 2016 MTV Europe Music Awards.
2017–present: Checkmate, international success and KissesEdit
In January 2017, the singer was featured on singles including "Loka", by female duo Simone & Simaria, and "Você Partiu Meu Coração", by Nego do Borel also featuring Wesley Safadão. In May 2017, "Switch", a collaboration with Australian rapper Iggy Azalea, became her first single in English to be released. The same month, she released a single in both Portuguese and Spanish titled "Paradinha". In June of the same year, the American group Major Lazer released "Sua Cara", along with her and drag queen singer Pabllo Vittar. The song is part of the band's fourth EP, Know No Better. In a matter of a few hours, the audio work exceeded the mark of 5 million views on YouTube. After its release, the song became an international hit, appearing as one hundred most played in Global Spotify, and spent more than five weeks on Billboard's Dance/Electronic Songs chart, making it the only Portuguese-language song in the United States. The music video was also a hit, reaching more than 17 million views in one day.
On 3 September, Anitta released her first English-language single "Will I See You", a collaboration with Grammy award-winning producer and songwriter Poo Bear. It was the first song of the singer's project entitled CheckMate, in which she would release a new song a month. On 13 October, in partnership with Swedish DJ Alesso, Anitta released the second song from CheckMate, titled "Is That For Me". On 19 November, the singer released, in her second collaboration with J Balvin, another track from the CheckMate project, "Downtown". The composition became an international success, entering in the "Top 50 Global", list of the 50 most executed songs in the world, making Anitta the first Brazilian to appear in the ranking. On 18 December 2017, Anitta released a new single, "Vai Malandra", featuring MC Zaac, Maejor, Tropkillaz and DJ Yuri Martins; this was the fourth and last song from the CheckMate project.
In January 2018, another collaboration with J Balvin, "Machika", was released. Two months later, she released another single in Spanish, titled "Indecente". In April, she debuted her new TV show on Multishow titled Anitta Entrou no Grupo. In June, she performed at Rock in Rio festival in Lisbon for a sold-out crowd of 80,000 attendees, and was acclaimed by British magazine NME. She also made concerts in Paris and London as part of the Made in Brazil tour. The same month, she released a single titled "Medicina". In September, she was featured on a single by production duo Seakret, "Perdendo a Mão", featuring Jojo Maronttinni. Later that same month, she debuted as one of the coaches on La Voz... México. The next month, she was featured on Colombian singer Greeicy Rendón's single "Jacuzzi". In November, Anitta released a multilingual extended play (EP) titled Solo, and was the subject of a Shots Studios-produced docu-series titled Vai Anitta, which aired on Netflix. In January 2019, she released a single with Brazilian singer Kevinho titled "Terremoto", whose music video is based on "I'm Still in Love with You" by Sean Paul.
In February, she later released a single similar to "Vai Malandra" titled "Bola Rebola" alongside Colombian artist J Balvin, Tropkillaz and Mc Zaac.
Anitta's music is generally pop, but she also incorporates R&B, dance-pop, electropop, electronic dance music, reggae, reggaeton, funk carioca, samba-reggae, latin pop, and bossa nova.
Anitta has a slight soprano voice, whose vocal extension covers 2 octaves, with homogeneous vocals. The celebrity website Vocal Pop detailed that her voice appears to be a 15-year-old girl and she has a "very sharp and light voice" and added that she has "no such master of her own voice and falls short in many gaps as a singer and an interpreter". Forbes' Anderson Antunes indicated that the singer uses R&B on her songs, which is also used by Rihanna and Kesha, and she could be the next "global superstar", as Shakira, who follows the "world music appeal". In a review for her self-titled album Anitta, Braulio Lorentz of G1 described her voice as being tweaked and sweet, and her songs have "lyrics about women's power, seductive power and other predicates of whoever claims to "have power".
Anitta cites as her greatest influences the singers Beyoncé, Mariah Carey and Rihanna. In 2013, the singer revealed that she dreamed of doing duets with Carey and Ivete Sangalo, and on the latter she emphasized: "If she accepts an invitation from these I think I'd die right at the time of the duet of so much emotion and then it will never come out". During the first album, Anitta was compared to the singer Beyoncé, saying that the artist was one of her influences, although she was deeply acquainted with her work a short time ago. "It's a new admiration for me, I was not a fan since I was little like Mariah, but today I really admire her. Since I started to sing I really started to enjoy her".
Another influence was also Sandy, with whom Anitta sang together on 27 July 2013, during Altas Horas, a television show, singing the tracks "As Quatro Estações" and "Desperdiçou". In the program Anitta commented: "I can sing all the songs, I have followed her since always. I took the CDs borrowed from my friends to listen". During the production of her second album, Anitta quoted Katy Perry as influencing the new tracks. Other references cited by the singer also include the group Pussycat Dolls, and such singers as Madonna, Britney Spears, Kate Nash and Colbie Caillat. Among Brazilian pop artists, she was influenced by girl group Rouge. During an interview for the G1, Anitta mentioned the MPB singers Gal Costa and Caetano Veloso for always being renewed and risking themselves in other styles.
Soon after reaching stardom, Anitta was described as a sex symbol by the media. In 2015, she was voted the sexiest woman by VIP magazine. Writing to Folha de S. Paulo, Gustavo Fioratti said that the singer's "sexy, vulgar-style personality" is more impressive in her music videos than in her live performances. The Daily Mail called it "bombshell". She believes that by working "with the sensuality thing", her artwork is not taken seriously by a part of the critics and the public. The singer expressed her frustration by saying, "[...] people think you have no talent, no intelligence. I can be intelligent and have the will to be sensual."
In 2014, Anitta was accused of adopting an "anti-feminist speech" during a participation in the Globo network's Altas Horas show, claiming that "women fought so hard to have the same rights as men, who, when they succeeded, wanted to take care the situation and the place of men". Subsequently, she began to adopt a position more in line with the ideals of feminism and also began to consider herself a feminist. When she was elected "Woman of the Year" by the Brazilian edition of GQ magazine in 2017, she made a "feminist speech" and said:
"I'm going to keep fighting with my music, talking about shallow things, dancing, wearing short clothes, saying what I say and what I do... so people understand that it's not a short outfit, it's the fact that you kiss how many people you want to kiss one night, who will tell you whether you're smart, whether you're capable, whether you have talent, whether you can sing, do, or fail to do."
The singer was listed by Vogue magazine as one of the 100 most influential and creative people in the world. Anitta was chosen for the ranking because of her "positivity engagement around the body illustrated by the affirmative choice to display her untold image in the "Vai Malandra" music video. Dom Phillips of The Guardian, said that the music video of "Vai Malandra" "sparked a ferocious debate in Brazil, exposing the country's social lines of failure, dealing with issues of inequality, racism, sexist abuse and cultural appropriation." the singer was accused of "cultural appropriation" by black activists, for wearing hairbraids in the video, "Anitta uses black when it suits her," wrote Stephanie Ribeiro in a column for Marie Claire. The singer claimed that her paternal family is black. Anitta has a huge LGBTQ and female following. When she refused to publicly disapprove of the candidacy of right-wing conservative Brazil's President Jair Bolsonaro, she received much criticism from her fans and the media.
Anitta is one of the most influential celebrities in social networks. In June 2017, it appeared in the Social 50 ranking of the North American Billboard like the 15th most influential artist of the world in the social networks, repeating, among other times, its appearance in December, when it was in the tenth position. In March 2018, she won the iHeart Music Awards in the Social Star category.
After achieving success, Anitta associated its image with several brands. Often referred to as a "marketing case," Anitta said she feels praised when she is described as such. She explained: "I'm happy when I see people believe that I'm a marketing case because I'm the one who does my marketing. I studied marketing, I graduated in pre-college administration, I had a marketing class, all my marketing I'm the one who plans, I do it, I feel praised when I see people saying that." She also described as" co-branding "her strategy of partnering with foreign artists to lead their work to other markets.
Anitta wore more colorful printed dresses early in her career, with cropped top combinations, short jeans and plaid blouses and caps. After the release of the album Bang (2015), the style of the singer began to make references to pop art. She has already stated that she likes to wear clothes from the brands Moschino and Givenchy. In an interview with EGO.com, she said, "Being stylish is having an attitude, having an uncommon sense of being authentic, having style is having a good mood."
In 2014, the singer claimed to have undergone six plastic surgery procedures, justified by a dissatisfaction with her appearance: "I saw myself a little hurt. I always had a bad nose too. breathe all local air ". By 2016, Anitta had already done two breast surgeries, two rhinoplasty, liposuction, enlargement of the cheekbones, among others. Anitta is considering further procedures in the future. In 2016 the number increased to eight surgical interventions, the most recent being a fill in the lips, totaling more than 100 thousand reais in aesthetic procedures.
Anitta dated Mr. Thug, one of the members of the Bonde da Stronda, from early 2011 until the end of 2012. The singer also had a relationship with actor and model Pablo Morais. On November 17, 2017, she married businessman Thiago Magalhães, with whom she had been in contact since May of the same year. The couple officialized the union under total separation of goods. They announced their separation in September 2018. The same month, the singer implied in her profile on Twitter that she is bisexual, after stating that she is "part of the LGBTQ+ community". In January 2019, after watching the documentary Cowspiracy (2014), she became vegan.
In 2014, she made donations to a shelter that received homeless people from the thunderstorm that hit the city of Vila Velha and also performed at a public school for people with Down syndrome in Curitiba.
This is a chronologically-ordered list of films and television shows in which Anitta has appeared.
|Copa de Elite||2011||Helena Boccato|||
|Didi e o Segredo dos Anjos||2014||Goddess Soláris|
|Meus 15 Anos||2017||Herself|
|Minha Vida em Marte||2018||Herself|||
|Amor à Vida||2013||Herself||Rede Globo||Episode: "December 12, 2013"|||
|Sai do Chão||2014||Host||Rede Globo||Episode: "January 19, 2014"|||
|Dança dos Famosos||2014||Participant||Rede Globo||Season 11|||
|Vai Que Cola||2014||Anitta (fictional version)||Multishow||Episode: "As Poderosas"
Episode: "Ausência de Anitta"
|Alto Astral||2015||Herself||Rede Globo||Episode: "May 4, 2015"|||
|Osmar the First Slice of the Loaf||2015||Pãonitta||Gloob||Episode: "Show das Pãoderosas"|||
|Tomara que Caia||2015||Policial Pereira||Rede Globo||Episode: "July 19, 2015"|||
|TVZ||2015–18||Special Host||Multishow||Episode: "October 9, 2015"
Episode: "January 14, 2016"
Episode: "October 31, 2016"
Episode: " October 12, 2018"
|Música Boa Ao Vivo||2016–17||Host||Multishow||Season 3–4|
|Chacrinha, o Eterno Guerreiro||2017||Herself||Canal Viva||Special of 100 years of Chacrinha|
|The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon||2017||Musical Guest||NBC||Episode: May 25, 2017|||
|Adnight Show||2017||Herself||Rede Globo||Episode: "December 14, 2017"|
|Anitta Entrou no Grupo||2018–present||Host||Multishow|||
|La Voz... México||2018||Judge||Las Estrellas||Season 7|||
|Anittinha's Club||2018–present||Anittinha||Gloob||Original voice|
|História de Lobos||2019||Herself||Rede Globo|||
Awards and nominationsEdit
|2014||MTV Europe Music Awards||Best Brazilian Act||Anitta||Won|
|Best Latin American Act||Nominated|
|Latin Grammy Award||Best Brazilian Song||"Zen"||Nominated|
|2015||Kids' Choice Awards||Favorite Artist Brazil||Anitta||Nominated|
|MTV Europe Music Awards||Best Brazilian Act||Won|
|Best Latin American Act||Won|
|2016||Kids' Choice Awards||Favorite Artist Brazil||Nominated|
|Prêmio Jovem Brasileiro||Best Singer||Won|
|BreakTudo Awards||Female Artist Brazilian||Nominated|
|MTV Europe Music Awards||Best Brazilian Act||Won|
|Latin Grammy Awards||Best Urban Fusion/Performance||"Pra Todas Elas" (with Tubarão and Maneirinho)||Nominated|
|2017||MTV Europe Music Awards||Best Brazilian Act||Anitta||Won|
|Prêmio Multishow||Best Singer||Anitta||Won|
|Prêmio Multishow||Catchy Song||"Loka"||Won|
|Prêmio Multishow||Best Song||"Sim ou Não"||Won|
|BreakTudo Awards||Female Artist Brazilian ||Anitta||Won|
|2017 BreakTudo Awards||Best Video ||Anitta||Won|
|BreakTudo Awards||Best Fans||Anitta||Nominated|
|Prêmio Jovem Brasileiro||Female Artist ||Anitta||Won|
|2018||iHeartRadio Music Awards||Social Star Award||Herself||Won|
|2018||MTV Millennial Awards México||Hit del Año||"Downtown"
(with J Balvin)
|2018||MTV Millennial Awards||Video del Año||"Machika"
(with J Balvin and Jeon)
|2018||Teen Choice Awards||Choice Music Web Star ||herself||Nominated|
|2018||Latin Grammy Award||Best Urban Fusion / Interpretation||“Sua Cara” Major Lazer Com Anitta & Pabllo Vittar||Nominated|
|2018||Latin Grammy Award||Best Urban Song||"Downtown", Anitta, J. Balvin, Justin Quiles & Alejandro Ramírez||Nominated|
|2018||MTV Europe Music Awards||Best Brazilian Artist||ANITTA||Won|
|2018||Latin American Music Awards of 2018||Favorite Video||“Medicina”||Won|
|2018||“ERES México Awards”||Best Music Video||"Downtown"||Won|
|2018||“ERES México Awards”||Best singer||Anitta||Won|
|2018||“The GQ Mexico Awards”||Best international singer||Anitta||Won|
|2018||The Pop Hub Jingle Bells Awards||Najlepsza Gwiazda Latynoska (The Best Latin Star)||Anitta||Won|
|2018||“Multishow Brazilian Music Award”||Best Music Video||Vai Malandra||Won|
|2018||Melhores do Ano||Best singer||Anitta||Won|
|2019||Lo Nuestro Awards||New artist||Anitta||Nominated|
|2019||Social Artist of the Year||Anitta||Nominated|
|2019||Urban Female Artist of the Year||Anitta||Nominated|
|2019||Urban Collaboration of the Year||Anitta||Nominated|
|2019||Billboard Latin Music Awards||Social Artist Of The Year||Anitta||Nominated|
|2019||Heat Latin Music Awards||Best Female Artist||Anitta||Pending|
|2019||Heat Latin Music Awards||VIDEO Best Video||"Machika"||Pending|
|2019||Heat Latin Music Awards||Best Collaboration||"Machika"||Pending|
|2019||The Pop Hub Awards||Ulubiona Gwiazda Latynoska (Favorite Latin Star)||Anitta||Pending|
- "Perfil: Anitta" (in Portuguese). Dicionário Cravo Albin da Música Popular Brasileira. Retrieved March 31, 2018.
- Marti, Diana (August 6, 2016). "5 Things To Know About Anitta, Olympic Opening Ceremony Performer". E! Online. Retrieved March 31, 2018.
- "What to Expect at the Rio 2016 Opening Ceremony". Paste Magazine. Retrieved August 6, 2016.
- "Vencedores do Prêmio Jovem Brasileiro 2016 e 2015". BreakTudo. Retrieved October 11, 2016.
- Torres, Leonardo (May 6, 2014). "Anitta lançará álbum de inéditas em duas versões: de estúdio e ao vivo". Portal POPLine. Retrieved August 6, 2016.
- "ANITTA FESTEJA DISCO DE OURO POR RITMO PERFEITO". EGO. Retrieved October 11, 2014.
- "Anitta alcança topo do iTunes com seu primeiro álbum de vídeo "Meu Lugar"". Portal Pop Line. Retrieved October 11, 2016.
- "2016 Rio Olympics daily viewer's guide - The Opening Ceremony (Aug. 5)". Yahoo News. Retrieved August 6, 2016.
- "EMA 2015: Anitta se consagra e ganha prêmio "Worldwide Act: Latin America"". Portal Pop Line. Retrieved October 11, 2015.
- Pernambuco, Diario de (June 9, 2017). "Anitta supera Rihanna e Shakira em lista de artistas mais influentes da Billboard". Diario de Pernambuco. Retrieved March 31, 2018.
- "Billboard elege Anitta como 15ª artista mais influente do mundo". exame.abril.com.br. Retrieved October 18, 2017.
- "Com casa cheia, Anitta lança o DVD 'Meu lugar' em show no Rio" (in Portuguese). Rede Globo. Retrieved August 6, 2016.
- "Mães lindas de Anitta e Arthur Aguiar roubam a cena; veja quem está no 'Tamanho Família' de 24/7" (in Portuguese). Rede Globo. Retrieved August 6, 2016.
- "Anitta comemora os 10 milhões de visualizações de 'Show das poderosas': 'Amo muito'" (in Portuguese). Retrieved August 6, 2016.
- "'No Brasil, ninguém é branco': A resposta de Anitta para as críticas ao seu novo visual" (in Portuguese). HuffPost Brasil. Retrieved July 17, 2018.
- "Anitta: O primeiro beijo, a emoção com o telefonema de Ivete e outras histórias contadas no bairro onde ela cresceu". Globo.com. Retrieved August 6, 2016.
- "Cantora Anitta é eleita a revelação do ano na música pela APCA - Notícias - UOL Entretenimento" (in Portuguese). Retrieved August 6, 2016.
- "Anitta, a preparada da vez" (in Portuguese). Globo.com. Retrieved August 6, 2016.
- "Armagedon II (Ao Vivo)". iMúsica. March 7, 2017.
- Paulo Dell Santo, João (May 15, 2012). "Fast food vira tema de provas do "Cante se Puder"". RD1. Archived from the original on May 28, 2017. Retrieved February 25, 2019.
- Essinger, Silvio (July 21, 2013). "Anitta, a preparada da vez". O Globo. Globo.com. Retrieved September 1, 2013.
- "'Mulheres estão tomando lugar dos homens no funk', diz MC Anitta" (in Portuguese). April 17, 2013. Retrieved August 6, 2016.
- "Ingressos para gravação do DVD de Anitta custam de R$ 40 a R$ 160" [Tickets for Anitta’s DVD recording cost from R$ 40 to R$ 160] (in Portuguese). G1. November 29, 2013. Retrieved March 27, 2014.
- Costa, Mariana (February 16, 2014). "Em novo DVD, Anitta reduz presença do funk e faz novos arranjos para hits" (in Portuguese). Universo Online. Retrieved March 27, 2014.
- Costa, Mariana (February 5, 2014). "DVD ao vivo de Anitta terá referências a Tim Burton e Cirque du Soleil" (in Portuguese). Universo Online. Retrieved August 6, 2016.
- "Meu Lugar (Deluxe Version) de Anitta no Apple Music". iTunes Store. Retrieved August 6, 2016.
- "Anitta - Blá Blá Blá". iTunes Store. August 6, 2016. Retrieved March 31, 2018.
- "Too 100 Billboard Brasil - Semanal". Billboard Brasil. Archived from the original on August 9, 2014. Retrieved July 5, 2014.
- "Top semanal Billboard". Billboard Brasil. September 13, 2014. Retrieved December 31, 2016.
- "Clipe de Anitta atinge 1 milhão de views". Portal de Notícias. July 31, 2014. Retrieved December 31, 2016.
- "Top semanal Billboard". Billboard Brasil. September 20, 2014. Archived from the original on October 26, 2014. Retrieved December 31, 2016.
- Torres, Leonardo (December 11, 2014). "Continuação de "Ritmo Perfeito"? Anitta também vai lançar clipe para música "No Meu Talento": veja prévia" (in Portuguese). Portal POPLine.
- "15 músicos que já tiveram papéis no cinema" (in Portuguese). Todateen. January 26, 2016. Archived from the original on April 9, 2016. Retrieved December 31, 2016.
- "Anitta: do palco para as telinhas, Anitta aparece poderosa em filme - Anitta Notícias". gshow.globo.com. November 10, 2014.
- "Anitta, Sandy e Wanessa estão entre os lançamentos mais esperados para 2015 pela Billboard Brasil" (in Portuguese).
- "Bang: Anitta divulga novas fotos promocionais do seu novo álbum" (in Portuguese). Archived from the original on October 7, 2015. Retrieved November 1, 2015.
- "Anitta recebe certificado de ouro com novo álbum 'Bang'" (in Portuguese). Portal POPLine. Archived from the original on July 8, 2017. Retrieved August 6, 2016.
- SOLER, Alessandro (April 29, 2016). "Anitta: a construção de uma estrela" (in Portuguese). União Brasileira de Compositores. Archived from the original on April 30, 2016. Retrieved August 6, 2016.
- "Poderosa! Anitta quebra recorde de vendas na carreira com 'Bang'". Globo.com. May 14, 2016. Retrieved August 6, 2016.
- Torres, Leonardo (December 11, 2014). ""Deixa Ele Sofrer": novo single da Anitta data de lançamento revelada" (in Portuguese). Portal POPLine.
- "Anitta se torna a primeira cantora brasileira a ocupar o ranking do Spotify". Pure People. May 6, 2015. Retrieved August 6, 2016.
- Apaza, Kevin (June 6, 2016). "Brazil's Anitta Releases English Version Of "BANG" And The USA Better Get Ready For It! [Listen]". Direct Lyrics. Retrieved August 6, 2016.
- Dia, O (April 13, 2016). "Jota Quest comemora 20 anos de carreira com show na Fundição Progresso".
- ‘Blecaute’, nova música de Jota Quest, terá a participação de Anitta e Nile Rodgers, extra.globo.com; accessed 31 March 2018.
- "Anitta estreia como apresentadora do 'Música Boa ao Vivo', no Multishow".
- Flores, Griselda (August 3, 2016). "Anitta 'Never Imagined' She'd Be Performing at Rio Olympics Opening Ceremony". Billboard. Retrieved August 6, 2016.
- "Anitta Signs With William Morris Endeavor". Billboard. September 29, 2016. Retrieved May 14, 2017.
- "Anitta vence o Europe Music Awards 2016 como melhor artista brasileira". globo.com. November 2016.
- "Saiba por que o single 'Loka' beneficia tanto Anitta como Simone & Simaria". G1 (in Portuguese). Retrieved May 22, 2017.
- "Nego do Borel - Você Partiu Meu Coração - Anitta - Wesley Safadão". iTunes Store. Retrieved May 22, 2017.
- "Iggy Azalea Previews New Single 'Switch' Featuring Anitta: Watch". Idolator. Retrieved May 11, 2017.
- "Iggy Azalea Previews New Single 'Switch' Featuring Anitta: Watch". Idolator (in Portuguese). Retrieved May 11, 2017.
- "Anitta e Pabllo Vittar são super empoderadas na música 'Sua Cara'". Revista Veja. Retrieved June 11, 2017.
- ""Sua Cara": single entra no Top 100 do Spotify mundial". portalpopline.com.br (in Portuguese). Retrieved October 18, 2017.
- ""Sua Cara": Major Lazer, Anitta e Pabllo Vittar seguem no Top 40 de parada da Billboard". portalpopline.com.br (in Portuguese). Retrieved October 18, 2017.
- "Anitta Celebrates Poo Bear's Birthday With New Single 'Will I See You'". Retrieved September 8, 2017.
- "Anitta divulga clipe de 'Is that for me', música em parceria com Alesso" (in Portuguese). Retrieved October 17, 2017.
- "Anitta é a primeira brasileira a chegar ao top 50 global do Spotify, com a música 'Downtown'" (in Portuguese). Retrieved November 26, 2017.
- Dia, O (December 15, 2017). ""Vai Malandra' é a minha grande tacada", conta Anitta".
- Spangler, Todd (July 12, 2018). "Netflix Orders Docu-Series on Anitta, Brazilian Music and Social Star, From Shots Studios (EXCLUSIVE)". Variety. Retrieved September 14, 2018.
- Lorentz, Braulio (August 13, 2013). "Primeiro disco de Anitta após fama foge do funk e busca ser pop 'colante'" (in Portuguese). G1. Retrieved December 15, 2013.
- "Anitta lança clipe com partipação de Projota e levada R&B". Virgula. August 12, 2013. Retrieved August 12, 2013.
- "Anitta lança clipe de "Bang" com referências de pop art". RICTV. Retrieved August 12, 2013.
- "Anitta lança single com Alesso para se impor na cena eletrônica mundial" (in Portuguese). G1. August 13, 2013. Retrieved December 15, 2013.
- "Anitta lança música com batidas de reggae". RICTV. Retrieved August 12, 2013.
- "Anitta lança o reggaeton sexy "Downtown" com J Balvin". Papel Pop. Retrieved August 12, 2013.
- "De volta ao funk: Anitta lança clipe de "Vai Malandra", gravado no Vidigal". Rede TV. August 12, 2013. Retrieved March 31, 2018.
- "Resenha: "BANG" é a definição perfeita de um álbum "OK"". Cifra Club. August 12, 2013. Retrieved March 31, 2018.
- "Anitta vai lançar novo single em espanhol: Paradinha". LatinPop Brasil. August 12, 2013. Retrieved March 31, 2018.
- "Bossa nova em inglês: Anitta lança single e confirma mais sete parcerias". Uol. August 12, 2013. Retrieved March 31, 2018.
- "ANÁLISE VOCAL DA CANTORA ANITTA". Vocal Pop. August 12, 2013. Archived from the original on April 7, 2014. Retrieved August 12, 2013.
- "Anitta: sensualidade e músicas que botam os fãs "na batida"". Companhia da Notícia. August 30, 2013. Retrieved October 27, 2014.
- Antunes, Anderson (August 30, 2013). "Could Brazil's Latest Music Sensation Anitta Be A Global Superstar In The Making?". Forbes. Retrieved October 27, 2014.
- "DeFrenteComGloss: Anitta". Hugo Gloss. Retrieved October 27, 2017.
- "Anitta fala sobre Beyoncé ser sua inspiração". beyoncenow.net. Retrieved October 27, 2017.
- "Anitta revela: 'Sonho em cantar com a Mariah Carey'". Yahoo!. Retrieved October 27, 2017.
- "No "Altas Horas", Anitta tieta Sandy: "Sei cantar todas as músicas"". UOL. July 4, 2013. Retrieved April 18, 2013.
- "Anitta: Beyoncé e Pussycat Dolls". Estação Notícia. Retrieved October 27, 2017.
- "No Rio, Anitta chama meninos no palco e diz que é 'investimento'". G1. Retrieved April 18, 2013.
- "Em desafio musical, Anitta comenta ídolos: 'Dançava Britney no espelho'". O Globo. Retrieved October 27, 2017.
- "Anitta tieta Li Martins, ex-Rouge, e relembra hits do grupo no programa de Sabrina Sato na Record!". Purebreak. January 29, 2016.
- "De biquíni, Anitta se diverte ao cantar 'Beijo molhado', da Rouge, em karaokê com amigo". Extra. Retrieved October 27, 2017.
- "Anitta reclama de sua imagem de símbolo sexual: "tenho obrigação de ser gostosa"". Purepeople. Retrieved March 17, 2018.
- "Veja imagens da funkeira Anitta". UOL. August 14, 2013. Retrieved March 17, 2018.
Novo símbolo sexual do país, a funkeira Anitta revelou à seção 20P da revista "Playboy" que, no momento, não tem pretensões de posar nua e o que não pode faltar entre quatro paredes para a transa ser perfeita
- Só, Pedro (May 31, 2017). "Ensaio VIP: A presença de Anitta". Editora Abril. Vip. Retrieved March 17, 2018.
- Fioratti, Gustavo (January 26, 2018). "Anitta faz apresentação sem vigor no 464° aniversário de São Paulo". UOL HOST. Folha de S. Paulo. Retrieved March 17, 2018.
- "Jornal inglês chama Anitta de bombshell e destaca look micro". Terra (in Portuguese).
- "Jornal inglês chama Anitta de bombshell e destaca 'tanga microscópica' de clipe" (in Breton).
- Da Redação (August 8, 2017). "Anitta no Superbonita: "Posso ser inteligente e sensual"". Capricho. Retrieved March 17, 2018.
- Da Redação (December 4, 2014). "Anitta critica mulheres e discute com Pitty na TV". Editora Abril. Veja. Archived from the original on March 17, 2018. Retrieved March 17, 2018.
- Cortêz, Natacha (May 17, 2017). "Onipresença de Anitta". UOL HOST. Trip. Retrieved March 17, 2018.
- Carola Solé, Danielle Belmiro (January 3, 2018). "Anitta diz considerar-se feminista: "tento fazer a minha parte"". UOL HOST. Folha de S.Paulo. Retrieved March 17, 2018.
- Assumpção, Guilherme (December 1, 2017). "Anitta, eleita Mulher do Ano, arranca aplausos com discurso feminista: "Vou continuar lutando"". PureBreak. Retrieved March 17, 2018.
- "Anitta manda recado após ganhar prêmio de "Mulher do Ano"". Editora Abril. Veja São Paulo. December 1, 2017. Retrieved March 17, 2018.
- "VogueWorld 100". Vogue.
- "Anitta e Mc Soffia representam o Brasil em lista da Vogue das pessoas mais influentes e criativas do mundo | MTV Brasil". MTV Brasil. Retrieved March 14, 2018.
- Nassif, Luis (December 23, 2017). "O que o The Guardian disse sobre as polêmicas do videoclipe "Vai Malandra"". jornalggn.com.br. Retrieved March 17, 2018.
- Tintel, Guilherme (March 15, 2017). "Anitta não é branca, mas podem avisá-la que, no Brasil, existem brancos sim". portalitpop.com. Retrieved March 17, 2018.
- Pink money: especialistas comentam polemica do ano que envolveu Anitta Marie Claire (December 24, 2018)
- Pernambuco, Diario de (June 9, 2017). "Anitta supera Rihanna e Shakira em lista de artistas mais influentes da Billboard". Diario de Pernambuco.
- "Billboard elege Anitta como 15ª artista mais influente do mundo | EXAME". exame.abril.com.br. Retrieved October 18, 2017.
- "Anitta entra no 'top 10' de artistas mais comentados em redes sociais no mundo, diz revista 'Billboard'". G1 (in Portuguese).
- Paulo, iG São (December 27, 2017). "Cantora Anitta entra no top 10 do ranking Social 50 da Billboard - Celebridades - iG". Gente (in Portuguese).
- "Anitta leva prêmio no iHeartRadio Music Awards 2018; veja lista completa de ganhadores". G1 (in Portuguese).
- Os dez principais fatos de marketing de 2017 meioemensagem.com.br
- Anitta, um caso de marketing que vale a pena ser estudado Archived April 8, 2018, at the Wayback Machine adnews.com.br
- 'Gosto quando dizem que sou caso de marketing': 20 minutos na presença de Anitta bbc.com. BBC Brasil. Consultado em 17 de março de 2018
- Anitta fala da investida no mercado internacional: "sou eu que faço acontecer" Globo.com.O Globo. Consultado em 17 de março de 2018.
- "Looks de Anitta: veja 100 fotos e inspire-se no estilo sexy e divertido da cantora!". Niely.com. October 16, 2015. Retrieved July 6, 2017.
- "Anitta fala de estilo: 'Ser cafona é vestir algo que todo mundo espera'". EGO.com. March 10, 2016. Retrieved July 6, 2017.
- "Anitta abusa das plásticas fica transformada e vira assunto nas redes sociais". R7. November 26, 2015. Retrieved March 20, 2016.
- "Médica revela que Anitta fez quatro cirurgias plásticas". Portal Popline. March 11, 2014. Archived from the original on September 13, 2016. Retrieved March 20, 2016.
- "Anitta: 'Me chamavam de melão por causa do peito muito grande'". Folha Nobre. November 4, 2015. Retrieved March 20, 2016.
- "Anitta considera novas plásticas após operar nariz e seios "nunca digo nunca"". Ego. November 26, 2015. Retrieved March 20, 2016.
- "Anitta admite ter feito cirurgias plásticas: 'Só quis melhorar'". rondoniadinamica. March 10, 2016. Archived from the original on April 1, 2016. Retrieved March 20, 2016.
- "Seios, nariz e, agora, boca: a transformação de Anitta nos últimos anos". Extra. March 22, 2016. Retrieved March 24, 2016.
- Thiago Trindade. "MC Anitta posa com o namorado e revela: 'a gente é bem foguento'". Globo.com. Extra. Retrieved October 27, 2014.
- "Musa do funk: Conheça as curvas da sensual Anitta". R7. Retrieved October 27, 2014.
- "Veja o charme de Diego Thug, do Bonde da Stronda". Retrieved October 27, 2014.
- "Termina relacionamento de Anitta e Pablo Morais". Ego.com. Retrieved October 27, 2014.
- "Anitta se casa com empresário Thiago Magalhães". F5. Retrieved October 27, 2014.
- "Anitta diz que está muito feliz com casamento com Thiago Magalhães". F5. Retrieved October 27, 2014.
- "Anitta se casou com Thiago Magalhães em separação total de bens. Entenda!" (in Portuguese). Retrieved October 27, 2014.
- "Veja primeira foto de Anitta com novo namorado". Correio (jornal). Retrieved October 27, 2014.
- "Anitta casou com o empresário Thiago Magalhães, afirma colunista". Correio Braziliense. Retrieved October 27, 2014.
- "Anitta assume sua bissexualidade: "faço parte da comunidade LGBTQ+"". Retrieved February 2, 2019.
- Corrêa, Mayra (January 9, 2019). "Anitta afirma que virou vegana há 10 dias". Mercy for Animals. Retrieved February 2, 2019.
- Perim, Mariana (January 7, 2014). "Cantora Anitta visita abrigo e faz doações a vítimas da chuva no ES" (in Portuguese). G1. Retrieved October 27, 2014.
- "Anitta visita escola para crianças especiais" (in Portuguese). EGO. April 10, 2014. Retrieved October 27, 2014.
- Suarte, Camila (December 11, 2016). "Anitta aparece de surpresa em comunidade no Rio e distribui cestas básicas para a população" (in Portuguese). Extra.
- "15 músicos que já tiveram papéis no cinema". Todateen. January 26, 2016. Archived from the original on April 9, 2016. Retrieved December 31, 2016.
- "Anitta fará sua estreia em Hollywood no filme "Breaking Through"". Papel Pop. September 4, 2013.
- TV Globo. "Poderosa! Anitta grava participação em Amor à Vida e ganha abraço de Mel Maia". Retrieved December 2, 2013.
- TV Globo. "Prepare-se para sair do chão, nova atração estreia neste domingo". Retrieved January 4, 2014.
- "Anitta sobre Dança dos Famosos: "Se pintar flamenco ou salsa, dou tchau, Brasil"". Globo. Retrieved July 28, 2014.
- "Anitta rebola e "faz barraco" em participação no "Vai Que Cola"". Globo. Retrieved July 28, 2014.
- Maria Clara Lima (May 1, 2015). "Preparadas para entrar em Alto Astral, Anitta e Ludmilla esbanjam decotes generosos". Extras - Alto Astral. Retrieved May 3, 2015.
- "Anitta vira desenho e dubla paródia zoeira de "Show das Poderosas" para programa de TV infantil". Retrieved June 12, 2015.
- "Anitta vive policial sexy e durona em série de humor". Retrieved August 28, 2015.
- "Anitta vai comandar o primeiro TVZ ao vivo". Retrieved January 28, 2016.
- ""Bang": Anitta vira apresentadora de TV por um dia no Multishow para estreia de clipe". Retrieved January 28, 2016.
- "TVZ Ao Vivo com Anitta" (in Portuguese). Multishow. Consultado em 27 de maio de 2017.
- "Anitta apresenta Switch no The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon". Capricho. Retrieved May 25, 2017.
- "'Anitta Entrou no Grupo' estreia nesta terça-feira (3) no Multishow, saiba tudo sobre a atração". Guia da Semana. April 3, 2018. Retrieved April 7, 2018.
- "Após rumores, Anitta mostra bastidores do The Voice mexicano". TV Foco. July 13, 2018.
- "Anitta vai ganhar série documental na Netflix". UOL. July 12, 2018. Retrieved July 12, 2018.
- "Anitta vai atuar em 'O Sétimo Guardião' como ela mesma: 'Dez capítulos'". Pure People. Retrieved May 25, 2017.
- "Conheça os vencedores do Prêmio Multishow 2017 - Prêmio Multishow 2017 - Especiais - MULTISHOW".
- "Conheça os vencedores do Prêmio Multishow 2017 - Prêmio Multishow 2017 - Especiais - MULTISHOW".
- "Loka (canção)". March 9, 2018 – via Wikipedia.
- "Conheça os vencedores do Prêmio Multishow 2017 - Prêmio Multishow 2017 - Especiais - MULTISHOW".
- "Anitta é a artista mais indicada do BreakTudo Awards e Meus Prêmios Nick 2017". Midiorama. Retrieved October 11, 2016.
- "BTS VENCE 2 CATEGORIAS NO BREAKTUDO AWARDS 2017 BRASIL". PT Anime. Retrieved October 11, 2016.
- "PJB 2017: Sophia Abrahão conquista troféu Jovem do Ano. 'Dez anos me desafiando'". Purepeople. Retrieved October 11, 2016.
- "Anitta é indicada em categoria do iHeartRadio Music Awards". Papel Pop. Retrieved January 1, 2018.
- "Teen Choice Awards: Meghan Markle e Anitta concorrem em premiação; confira lista completa!". Hugo Gloss. Archived from the original on June 29, 2018. Retrieved January 1, 2018.