Animal Politics EU, formerly Euro Animal 7, is a group of animal rights parties in European Union countries.
|European Parliament group||European United Left–Nordic Green Left|
Greens–European Free Alliance
1 / 705
They call for:
- Raise the moral and legal status of animals
- Improve the welfare of animals kept for farming purposes and ensure proper enforcement of animal welfare legislation across all EU member states
- Phase out farming practices which are harmful to animals and re-direct EU subsidies away from the intensive livestock industry, into sustainable, plant-based and organic agriculture
- End the long-distance transport of live animals within and outside the EU
- Stop overfishing within and outside European waters
- Phase out animal testing with binding targets for reduction and replacement, combined with incentives for alternative testing methods
- End legal derogations and subsidies for so-called cultural and religious traditions that involve cruelty to animals, such as bullfighting, non-stun slaughter and foie gras production
- Fight the illicit trade of pets in the EU and halt the barbaric treatment of stray dogs and cats in Europe
- Implement a ban on hunting and prohibit the import of wildlife trophies
- Close all fur farms in Europe and ban fur imports from third countries
- Take hazardous pesticides and endocrine disrupting chemicals out of the market
- Combat climate change by supporting a shift towards a plant-based lifestyle
- Implementing a CO2 tax for companies and speeding up efforts to realise a complete switch to renewable energy
- Realise efficient, affordable and accessible public transport, as an alternative to air travel
|Country||Party||Votes in national parliament election||National MPs||2014 MEPs||Votes in European parliament election 2019||2019 MEPs|
|Belgium||DierAnimal||47,733 (5 of 11 constituencies)||0||0||606 (only German Community)||1.49%, 0|
|Cyprus||Animal Party Cyprus ‡||4,088||0||0||2,208||0.79%, 0|
|France||Animalist Party||63,637 (142 of 577 constituencies)||0||0||490,074||2.16%, 0|
|Finland||Animal Justice Party of Finland||3,378||0||0||2,917||0.16%, 0|
|Germany||Animal Protection Party ‡||675.353||0||1||542,226||1.45%, 1 (resigned in February 2020)|
|Italy||Italian Animalist Party||0||0||160,270||0.60%, 0|
|Netherlands||Party for the Animals ‡||399,750||6||1||220,938||4.02%, 1|
|Portugal||People–Animals–Nature (PAN) ‡||88,127||1||0||167,130||5.46%, 0a|
|Sweden||The Animals' Party ‡||3,648||0||0||4,105||0.10%, 0|
|Spain||Animalist Party Against Mistreatment of Animals (PACMA) ‡||326,045||0||0||294,657||1.31%, 0|
- ^ PAN's only MEP resigned from the party in June 2020 and remained in the Greens–European Free Alliance group as an independent MEP.
- Europe’s Animal Welfare Party Could Make History This Week. Care2, 21 May 2014. Retrieved 17 February 2017.
- Benakis, Theodoros (5 April 2019). "Animal Politics EU present collective manifesto ahead of EU elections".
- "Results of the 2014 European elections". European Parliament. 22 September 2014. Retrieved 22 September 2019.
- "Nach der Wahl: Ergebnis Tierschutzpartei Europawahl 2019". Partei Mensch Umwelt Tierschutz (in German). 27 May 2019. Retrieved 27 May 2019.
- "Support plunges for pro-animal party founder Marianne Thieme". 30 July 2019.
- "Resultados Globais - Eleições Legislativas 2022". Secretaria-Geral do Ministério da Administração Interna (in European Portuguese). Retrieved 2 June 2022.
- "PAN consegue eleger um deputado". Renascença (in European Portuguese). Retrieved 2 June 2022.
- "PAN perde o seu único deputado no Parlamento Europeu por "divergências políticas"". Expresso (in European Portuguese). Retrieved 17 August 2020.
- Morini, Marco (8 August 2018). "'Animals first!' The rise of animal advocacy parties in the EU: a new party family". Contemporary Politics. 24 (4): 422. doi:10.1080/13569775.2018.1434450. ISSN 1356-9775.