Anglo European School
Anglo European School is a self-governing, co-educational international academy school situated in Ingatestone, Essex. It is a school for boys and girls of all abilities, with 1,306 pupils aged 11 to 19. It was the first state school in Britain to offer the International Baccalaureate Diploma and the first to become a Language College. The school offers opportunities to travel abroad, often on exchanges and learn many languages such as French, German, Spanish, Russian, Japanese, Italian, Chinese and Latin. The school became an academy in 2011, but still has languages as a specialism.
|Anglo European School|
|Motto||'Making a World of difference'|
|Department for Education URN||137727 Tables|
|Headteachers||Jody Gee and David Barrs|
|Age||11 to 19|
David Barrs and Jill Martin took over as headteachers of Anglo European School following the death of Bob Reed, who was headteacher at the time. They were officially appointed in 2006. The headteachers are now Jody Gee and David Barrs.
The school uses the twelve star European Flag as its crest and uses the phrase Making a World of difference as a motto. It is common to hear the school and its pupils and staff referred to as The Anglo Family.
In the school (excluding the Sixth Form) there are eight houses which make up the forms in each year group with the following names:
In the sixth form students are sorted in to different houses from those in the lower school.
Notable former pupilsEdit
- David Abraham, Chief Executive of Channel 4
- Lydia Rose Bright, reality television star
- Ben Drew, known as Plan B, rapper
- Mario Falcone, reality television star
- Eddie Hall, racing driver/author
- James Harper, footballer
- John Heffernan, actor
- Nadine Lewington, actress
- Dan Wright, comedian
- "Anglo European brings in long-serving teacher to serve as new joint head". Archived from the original on 2015-09-23. Retrieved 2015-09-05.
- "Anglo European School, Ingatestone - The Good Schools Guide". The Good Schools Guide. Archived from the original on 2016-08-04. Retrieved 2016-06-21.
- https://web.archive.org/web/20160812145041/http://aesessex.co.uk/news/anglo-say-farewell-mrs-martin-co-headteacher. Archived from the original on 2016-08-12. Retrieved 2016-06-21. Missing or empty
- "Notable alumni" (PDF). Anglo European School. Archived from the original (PDF) on 3 November 2016. Retrieved 2 November 2016.
- Hall, Eddie. A Certain Point of View. Troubador. p. 23. ISBN 978-1780880426.