Andy Tanner (born May 16, 1988) is an American football wide receiver who is currently a free agent. He was originally signed by the Saints as an undrafted free agent in 2010. He played college football at Midwestern State.
|Born:||May 16, 1988|
|Height:||6 ft 0 in (1.83 m)|
|Weight:||183 lb (83 kg)|
|* Offseason and/or practice squad member only|
|Career NFL statistics|
New Orleans SaintsEdit
Over three years from 2010 to 2013, Tanner was repeatedly signed to the practice squad, released, waived, or signed to a reserve/future contract, for a total of 33 roster transactions before he finally made the Saints' opening day roster for the 2013 season. However, after the Saints sustained several defensive injuries in their first regular season game, the Saints again cut Tanner from the roster in favor of linebacker Jay Richardson on September 12, 2013. The Saints then brought Tanner back to the practice squad on September 17. The Saints released Tanner on August 25, 2014, then placed him on injured reserve on August 26 after he went unclaimed. The Saints released him on August 21, 2015.
- Katherine Terrell, "New Orleans Saints' Andy Tanner built himself into receiver, brick by brick", Times-Picayune, July 28, 2013.
- John DeShazier, "Andy Tanner finally sticks on New Orleans Saints roster", NewOrleansSaints.com, August 31, 2013.
- Katherine Terrell, "New Orleans Saints re-sign defensive lineman Jay Richardson, waive receiver Andy Tanner", Times-Picayune, September 12, 2013.
- Larry Holder, "New Orleans Saints re-sign cornerback Chris Carr, agent says", Times-Picayune, September 17, 2013.
- New Orleans Saints on Twitter: Payton said the #Saints have waived WR Tanner, S Zimmerman and OT Nsekhe
- "New Orleans Saints wide receiver Andy Tanner placed on injured reserve", The Times-Picayune, August 26, 2014.
- Evan Woodberry, "New Orleans Saints waive long-tenured receiver Andy Tanner", 'The Times-Picayune, August 21, 2015.