Andrus Murumets (born 20 July 1978) is an Estonian strongman and entrant to the World's Strongest Man contest. He reached 5th in the World Rankings according to the IFSA rankings in 2008. Andrus competed in the IFSA World Championships in 2005 finishing 4th, 5th in 2006 and 5th in 2007. Andrus has competed in the Arnold Strongman Classic 3 times, his best finish was 3rd in 2007. In 2009 he became the overall champion of the Strongman Champions League. He has been described by Svend Karlsen as having the strongest grip in the world.
|Occupation||Strongman, police officer|
|Employer||Estonian Police and Border Guard Board|
|Height||6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)|
|Arnold Strongman Classic|
|IFSA World Championships|
|Strongman Champions League|
|Europe's Strongest Man (IFSA)|
|Estonia's Strongest Man|
- Until 2008, Farmer’s Walk world record holder at 352 lbs (160 kg) per hand on a 50m course.
- World record holder: Timber Carry, 875 lbs (398 kg) / 40 pi (12,3 m) / 7,35 sec
- Rolling Thunder - On 16 June 2003 he broke the world record for the Rolling Thunder one hand deadlift with a lift of 267 lb at the IFSA All Strength Challenge in Winnipeg, Manitoba. This has since been broken by Laine Snook, and is currently held by Mark Felix.
- "Andrus Murumets' profile" (in Estonian). Rammumees.ee. Retrieved 19 June 2010.
- "Rammumees Murumets vahetas ebainimlikud raskused politseimundri vastu" (in Estonian). Postimees. October 2011. Retrieved 1 Oct 2011.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2013-10-29. Retrieved 2013-10-26.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2010-04-14. Retrieved 2010-05-08.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- IMG Media production; presenters Svend Karlsen interviewed by Zöe Salmon; commentators were Paul Dickenson and Colin J L Bryce (2010-02-02). "Bravo coverage of 2009 World's Strongest Man; episode 5". World's Strongest Man 2009. Valletta, Malta. 20 minutes in. Bravo.
- "Sakus elab rahvusvaheliselt tuntud rammumees" (in Estonian). Saku vald. Archived from the original on 27 September 2011. Retrieved 19 June 2010.
- Rolling Thunder: Andrus Murumets Sets a New World Record at the IFSA All Strength Challenge by Randall J. Strossen, Ph.D. - ©2008 IronMind
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Andrus Murumets.|