Andrew Moore (baseball)
Andrew George Moore (born June 2, 1994) is an American professional baseball pitcher who is a free agent. He has played in Major League Baseball (MLB) for the Seattle Mariners. Prior to playing professionally, he played college baseball for the Oregon State Beavers.
|Born: June 2, 1994|
|June 22, 2017, for the Seattle Mariners|
|MLB statistics |
(through 2019 season)
|Earned run average||5.51|
Moore attended North Eugene High School in Eugene, Oregon. As a senior at North Eugene, he had a 0.76 earned run average (ERA) with 125 strikeouts in 72 and 2/3 innings. He played college baseball at Oregon State University for the Beavers. During his college career he was 27–9 with a 2.10 earned run average (ERA) and 251 strikeouts.
Moore was drafted by the Seattle Mariners in the second round of the 2015 Major League Baseball Draft. He made his professional debut with the Everett AquaSox. He started 2016 with the Bakersfield Blaze and was promoted to the Jackson Generals during the season.
Moore made his Major League Baseball debut on June 22, 2017 against the Detroit Tigers, going 7 innings, allowing 3 runs on 6 hits, no walks and 4 strikeouts for a quality start and the win. He shuttled between the majors and the minors, making 8 starts and two relief appearances in the majors for the remainder of 2017.
Tampa Bay RaysEdit
Moore was designated for assignment on April 29, 2019, following the promotion of Nate Lowe.
San Francisco GiantsEdit
On May 5, 2019, Moore was claimed off waivers by the San Francisco Giants. He was designated for assignment on May 11, 2019 without appearing for the Giants.
Seattle Mariners (Second Stint)Edit
On May 17, 2019, Moore was claimed off waivers by the Seattle Mariners. He was designated for assignment on them in July. Moore was released by Seattle on October 22, 2019.
- "Andrew Moore, Oregon State Beavers ace, goes to Seattle Mariners in 2nd round of MLB Draft". Retrieved November 19, 2016.
- Gazette-Times, STEVE GRESS Corvallis. "OSU baseball: Andrew Moore selected by Mariners in second round". Retrieved November 19, 2016.
- "Smooth transition". Retrieved November 19, 2016.
- "Mariners promote North Eugene grad Andrew Moore to Double A". Retrieved November 19, 2016.
- "Heralded Mariners Prospect Andrew Moore Set to Make First Big-League Start Thursday". Seattletimes.com. Retrieved June 26, 2017.
- "Rookie Andrew Moore Shines in His Debut and Red-Hot Mariners Win 5th Straight". Seattletimes.com. Retrieved June 23, 2017.
- "Andrew Moore 2017 Pitching Game Logs". Baseball-Reference.com. Retrieved 2019-02-28.
- Johns, Greg (May 25, 2018). "Mariners acquire Colome, Span from Rays: Club sends out young arms Moore, Romero in deal to bolster depth". MLB.com. Retrieved May 25, 2018.