The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. (May 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Full name||Andrew Madley|
5 September 1983|
|2008–2010||The Football League||Assistant Referee|
|2010–11||Premier League||Assistant Referee|
Andrew Madley began his refereeing career on the local Wakefield leagues. He quickly advanced through the levels before becoming a Level 3A referee in 2008. This allowed him to act as an assistant referee on the three Football League divisions. The following year he was promoted to the Panel List which allowed him to referee in the Conference divisions. He then progressed further the following year by becoming a Select Group Assistant Referee, officiating on the Premier League. In 2011, he progressed to his current role, a National List Referee, officiating in the three Football League divisions. Andrew is the older brother of former Select Group Referee Robert Madley.
For the start of the 2016/17 season, Andrew was included as a Select Group 2 referee which sees him primarily referee in the Championship. He took charge of a Premier League game for the first time on 31 March 2018, a 2-2 draw between Watford and Bournemouth.
In June 2019, Madley was promoted to the Select Group 1 Referees list which will see him Referee Primarily in the Premier League.
Madley refereed the Football League Two Play-Off Semi-Final between Cheltenham Town and Northampton Town on 4 May 2013 which ended 0–1 (0–2 agg). He also refereed the FA Vase Final on 9 May 2015 between Glossop North End and North Shields, which finished 1–2.
Madley refereed the Football League One Play-Off Final between Preston North End and Swindon Town on 24 May 2015.
On 19 May 2019, Madley Refereed the FA Trophy Final at Wembley Stadium between Leyton Orient and AFC Fylde ending in a 0-1 win for AFC Fylde. He also Refereed the League One Play Off Final between Charlton Athletic and Sunderland. Charlton ran out 2-1 victors on May 26th.
- "List of EFL Match Officials". Football League. 9 June 2016. Retrieved 22 November 2016.
- "Bankes and Madley promoted for new season". Premier League. 12 June 2019. Retrieved 14 June 2019.
- Brand, Gerard (5 May 2013). "LEAGUE TWO PLAY-OFFS: Cheltenham v Northampton - as it happens from the Abbey Business Stadium". Daily Mail. Retrieved 22 November 2016.
- Bradbury, Jamie (9 May 2015). "North Shields come from behind to lift The FA Vase". The FA. Retrieved 22 November 2016.
- "Andy Madley to referee Sky Bet League 1 Play-Off Final". English Football League. 12 May 2015. Retrieved 22 November 2016.