|Full name||Andrew Jacobson|
|Date of birth||September 25, 1985|
|Place of birth||Fort Myers, Florida, United States|
|Height||6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)|
|2003–2007||California Golden Bears||83||(11)|
|2014–2016||New York City FC||33||(1)|
|2014||→ Stabæk (loan)||14||(1)|
|2016–2017||Vancouver Whitecaps FC||47||(4)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 12:33, October 23, 2017 (UTC)|
Jacobson is Jewish and was born in Fort Myers, Florida. He attended Gunn High School, where he was named 2003 Central Coast Section Player of the Year, and played college soccer at UC Berkeley from 2003 to 2006, where he was named to the all Pac-10 team three times.
Jacobson was the 24th overall pick in the 2008 MLS SuperDraft and the first pick by D.C. United. However, instead of playing in MLS, Jacobson signed a contract with Lorient of France’s Ligue 1. However, injuries limited his playing time, and he never played a first team game for Les Merlus.
Despite trialling with several clubs in Europe, Jacobson returned to MLS in 2009 and was allocated to the team which originally drafted him, D.C. United. He made his United debut as a substitute in DC's first game of the 2009 MLS season against Los Angeles Galaxy.
Jacobson was traded to FC Dallas on February 18, 2011, in exchange for a second-round pick in the 2013 MLS SuperDraft. He scored his first professional goal on May 28, 2011, while playing for Dallas against Houston Dynamo.
After three and a half years served at the Texas club, Jacobson was traded to New York City FC for a third-round pick in the 2016 MLS SuperDraft, becoming only their fifth ever player. As the new expansion club was not due to begin competitive games until 2015, he was immediately loaned out to Stabæk IF of the Tippeligaen in Norway to preserve his match fitness. He returned to NYC for the 2015 season and appeared in 33 matches.
- "Midfielder Andrew Jacobson announces his retirement after 10-year professional career". January 17, 2018. Retrieved January 20, 2018.
- "Sports Shorts," Jewish Sports Review, Volume 9, Number 11, Issue 107, Page 19, January/February 2015.
- suzan berns. "Faces". jweekly.com.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on March 25, 2009. Retrieved March 25, 2009.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- Union select 10 players in expansion draft Archived November 28, 2009, at the Wayback Machine
- "Union Trade Andrew Jacobson to FC Dallas". Philadelphia Union.
- "Houston Dynamo vs FC Dallas 05-29-2011 – Recap". MLSsoccer.com. Archived from the original on May 30, 2011.
- "Andrew Jacobson joins NYCFC". July 29, 2014. Retrieved July 29, 2014.
- "New York City FC Trade Andrew Jacobson to Vancouver Whitecaps FC in exchange for Targeted Allocation Money". March 11, 2016. Retrieved January 20, 2018.