Second Andreotti government
(Redirected from Andreotti II Cabinet)
The Andreotti II Cabinet was the 28th cabinet of the Italian Republic. It held office from 26 June 1972 to 8 July 1973, for a total of 377 days (1 year, 13 days). It was also known as Andreotti-Malagodi Cabinet.
Andreotti II Cabinet
28th Cabinet of Italy
|Date formed||26 June 1972|
|Date dissolved||8 July 1973|
|People and organisations|
|Head of state||Giovanni Leone|
|Head of government||Giulio Andreotti|
|Member parties||DC, PSDI, PLI |
|Status in legislature||Coalition government|
|Opposition parties||PCI, PSI, MSI, PSIUP|
|Legislature term(s)||VI Legislature (1972–1976)|
|Predecessor||Andreotti I Cabinet|
|Successor||Rumor IV Cabinet|
He obtained the confidence of the House on July 7, 1972 with 329 votes in favor and 288 against.
He also obtained the trust in the Senate on July 13, 1972 with 163 votes in favor and 155 against.
The government fell due to the withdrawal of support from the PRI, following the dimming of the private cable TV "Telebiella", imposed by the minister Gioia.
The government resigned on June 12, 1973.
- Christian Democracy (DC): Prime minister, 16 ministers, 40 undersecretaries
- Italian Democratic Socialist Party (PSDI): 5 ministers, 10 undersecretaries
- Italian Liberal Party (PLI): 4 ministers, 8 undersecretaries
- ^ with special regard to the Presidency of the Italian delegation to the UN
- ^ Luca Giurato (1972-06-26). "Andreotti presenta a Leone il nuovo governo di centro".
- ^ Luca Giurato (1973-07-09). "Ieri il giuramento da Leone".
- ^ ANNO 1973 CRONOLOGIA DELL'ANNO
- ^ Giovanni Trovati (1973-06-13). "Le dimissioni di Andreotti Dc: domenica il segretario". p. 1.