Andreas Papadopoulos (Greek: Ανδρέας Παπαδόπουλος; born 20 December 1982) is a Greek former sailor, who specialized in the two-person dinghy (470) class. Together with his partner and five-time Olympian Andreas Kosmatopoulos, he was named one of the country's top sailors in the double-handed dinghy for the 2008 Summer Olympics, finishing in the twelfth position. A member of the local sailing club in his native Thessaloniki, Papadopoulos trained most of his sporting career under the national federation's head coach for the men's 470, Kosmatopoulos' former partner from Barcelona 1992 Athanasios Pachoumas.
|Full name||Andreas Papadopoulos|
|Born||20 December 1982|
|Height||1.88 m (6 ft 2 in)|
|Weight||70 kg (154 lb)|
|Club||Nautikos Omilos Thessaloniki|
Papadopoulos competed for the Greek sailing squad, as a crew member in the men's 470 class, at the 2008 Summer Olympics in Beijing. He and skipper Kosmatopoulos topped the selection criteria in a duel with the quota recipients Panagiotis Kampouridis and Gerasimos Orologas to lock the country's 470 berth, based on their cumulative scores attained at four international regattas approved by the Hellenic Sailing Federation. The Greek duo managed to post a quarter of top-ten marks, including a third-place finish in race 8, throughout the series, before a substandard feat on the penultimate leg slipped their chances away from the medal round to the twelfth overall spot with 101 net points.
- Evans, Hilary; Gjerde, Arild; Heijmans, Jeroen; Mallon, Bill; et al. "Andreas Papadopoulos". Olympics at Sports-Reference.com. Sports Reference LLC. Archived from the original on 18 April 2020. Retrieved 13 April 2020.
- "Στην 12η θέση Κοσματόπουλος/Παπαδόπουλος" [Kosmatopoulos and Papadopoulos finished twelfth]. sport-fm.gr (in Greek). You FM. 18 August 2008. Retrieved 13 April 2020. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Ανδρέας Παπαδόπουλος, Ο προπονητής των μεταλλίων!" [Andreas Papadopoulos, the medal coach!]. iop.gr (in Greek). 17 July 2019. Retrieved 13 April 2020. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Event Guide: Men's Two Person Dinghy – 470". World Sailing. 9 August 2008. Retrieved 8 April 2020. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Andreas Kosmatopoulos: A lifelong Olympic ambition". World Sailing. 31 July 2008. Retrieved 13 April 2020. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Τα ιστιοπλοϊκά εισιτήρια για το Πεκίνο" [Tickets to Beijing are out] (in Greek). To Vima. 27 March 2008. Retrieved 13 April 2020. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Beijing 2008: Men's 470 Class". Beijing 2008. NBC Olympics. Archived from the original on 5 January 2014. Retrieved 13 September 2013. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)