Andrea Agathangelou (born 16 November 1989) is a South African former cricketer who played for the Titans. He qualified to play English county cricket as a non-overseas player courtesy of his Cypriot passport, which he has through his father's side. His father is from Cyprus and emigrated to South Africa. In October 2020, Agathangelou announced his retirement from cricket.
|Full name||Andrea Peter Agathangelou|
|Born||16 November 1989|
Rustenburg, Transvaal Province, South Africa
|Height||6 ft 3 in (1.91 m)|
|Bowling||Right arm leg break|
|Domestic team information|
Source: Cricinfo, 9 October 2020
He joined Lancashire for a scholarship in 2010 and became a new signing for the club in 2011. He left the club at the end of the 2014 season after announcing his departure on Twitter. He made his Leicestershire first XI debut in a victorious County Championship match against Essex in May–June 2015, shortly after joining the club. His contract was not renewed at the end of the 2015 season.
In June 2018, he was named in the squad for the Titans team for the 2018–19 season. In September 2018, he was named in the Titans' squad for the 2018 Abu Dhabi T20 Trophy. In September 2019, he was named in Limpopo's squad for the 2019–20 CSA Provincial T20 Cup.
In January 2020, in the 2019–20 CSA 3-Day Provincial Cup match against Boland, Agathangelou and Yaseen Valli made an opening partnership of 485 runs, breaking the previous record in a first-class match in South Africa of 424 runs set in the 1926–27 season. Agathangelou also scored his first triple century in match, finishing with 313 runs.
- . Profile on Cricket Archive
- "Aggers' signs off from career that fulfilled his dreams". Titans. Retrieved 9 October 2020.
- "BBC Sport - Dan Redfern and Andrea Agathangelou exit Leicestershire". BBC Sport. Retrieved 10 October 2015.
- "Agathangelou and Moonsamy tons flatten Warriors". Cricket South Africa. Retrieved 8 January 2018.
- "Multiply Titans Announce Contracts 2018-19". Multiply Titans. Archived from the original on 16 June 2018. Retrieved 16 June 2018.
- "Titans name strong squad for Abu Dhabi T20 league". Sport24. Retrieved 27 September 2018.
- "Limpopo turn to Titans duo". SA Cricket Mag. Retrieved 12 September 2019.
- "Easterns pair go big, break record". SA Cricket Mag. Retrieved 17 January 2020.
- "Easterns pair break long-standing SA batting record". Sport24. Retrieved 17 January 2020.
- "Agathangelou bats heavy for Easterns in enjoyable season". Cricket South Africa. Retrieved 16 June 2020.