This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Time zone||IST GMT+530|
Andheri H.O. 400 069
|Vehicle registration||MH 02|
The Andheri railway station is among the busiest railway stations in the city  The expansion of the Mumbai Metro in the Versova-Andheri-Ghatkopar corridor is part of the government's master transportation plan.
Line 1 of the Mumbai Metro spans the entire suburb of Andheri (Andheri metro station) connecting Versova in the west to Ghatkopar in the Eastern Suburbs, covering a distance of 11.4 kilometres (7.1 mi). It is fully elevated, and consists of 12 stations. 9 out of the 12 stations are in Andheri. Work on the corridor began on 8 February 2008. A cable stay bridge, spanning the Western railway line, on the project was completed at the end of 2012. The line opened for service on 8 June 2014. Latest statistics reveal that approximately 85 million passengers have used the metro line in the first 11 months since its launch.
- "District Census Handbook - Mumbai Suburban" (PDF).
- "Authorities finding it difficult to decongest Andheri station area". Daily News and Analysis.
- Indian Economy - K. R. Gupta, J. R. Gupta - Google Books. Books.google.com. Retrieved on 2013-12-06.
- Mumbai Metro Archived 12 December 2013 at the Wayback Machine. Mumbaimetroone.com. Retrieved on 2013-12-06.
- A Mumbai Metro train every three minutes - Mumbai - DNA. Dnaindia.com. Retrieved on 2013-12-06.
- "Know Your Metro - Features". Reliance Mumbai Metro. Archived from the original on 24 September 2015. Retrieved 8 June 2014.
- "Metro ride in June '13? Work on crucial bridge completed". The Times of India. 26 December 2012. Retrieved 6 January 2013.
- "Maharashtra CM Prithivraj Chavan flags off Mumbai Metro". The Times of India. 8 June 2014. Retrieved 8 June 2014.
- "Over 8 crore commuters travelled in Metro since June 2014 - The Economic Times". Retrieved 12 June 2015.
- Shrivastava, Prabhat, and S. L. Dhingra. "Operational Integration Of Suburban Railway And Public Buses—Case Study Of Mumbai." Journal of Transportation Engineering 132.6 (2006): 518-522. Academic Search Premier. Web. 29 May 2012.