|Look up anamorph, anamorphic, or anamorphosis in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
The word anamorph and its derivates may mean:
- Anamorph, an asexual part of the life cycle of fungi in the phyla Ascomycota and Basidiomycota, often mold-like.
- Anamorphic, characterized by an anamorph or to an abnormal change giving the appearance of a different species as in the case of fungi or lichens
- Anamorphosis (biology), a limited type of metamorphosis in which an arthropod adds extra body segments during ecdysis, while retaining the same general form and habits
Art and filmEdit
- Anamorph (film), a 2007 film by Henry S. Miller
- Anamorphosis, a distorted image where the viewer must use special devices or be in a specific place to see the image undistorted
- An anamorphic image is an image so made
- Anamorphic format, in cinematography, stretching a widescreen picture to fit on standard 35 mm film
- Anamorphic widescreen, in DVD manufacture, is horizontally squeezing a widescreen image so it can be stored in a standard 4:3 aspect ratio DVD image frame
- Anamorphosis (EP), an album by the Norwegian black metal band Drottnar
- Anamorphism, a concept from functional programming grounded in category theory that denotes a morphism from a coalgebra to the final coalgebra for that endofunctor
- Animorphs, an English language science fiction series of young adult books written by K. A. Applegate and published by Scholastic
- Animorphs (video game), a 2000 video game based on the series
| This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Anamorph.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.