An Ordinary Man
An Ordinary Man is a 2017 American drama thriller film written, directed and produced by Brad Silberling. It stars Ben Kingsley, Hera Hilmar and Peter Serafinowicz. Filmed in Belgrade, Serbia in 2015, it was screened at the Bari International Film Festival in April 2017, later picked up by Saban Films in February 2018, who released it direct-to-video in June 2018.
|An Ordinary Man|
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Brad Silberling|
|Produced by||Brad Silberling|
|Written by||Brad Silberling|
|Music by||Christophe Beck|
|Edited by||Leo Trombetta|
|Distributed by||Saban Films|
|April 27, 2017|
April 13, 2018
- Spoiler Alert! * A war criminal is hiding in plain sight in an unnamed Balkan country. He is wanted internationally for ethnic cleansing and war crimes. But his country pretends his whereabouts to be unknown despite international pressures. A retiue of loyalist watches over him and esure his safety As he goes about his life in a city where his face is well-known. He begins to form a relationship with his newly-hired maid Tanja after he expresses loneliness to her. He first treats her abusively, but gradually forms an awkward friendship with her. She is later revealed to be an agent who is hired to protect him. She reluctantly drives him to the cemetery in his home village. His driver had been waiting for them. He kills her on the spot, and drives the General back to his apartment in the city. The last scene shows him awaiting his arrest, seated at his kitchen table, with a handgun and bullets laid out in front of him.
- "An Ordinary Man". Bari International Film Festival. Archived from the original on 2017-11-23. Retrieved 8 March 2018.
- Boyle, Lance (28 October 2015). "Ben Kingsley Joins Brad Silberling's "An Ordinary Man"". The Tracking Board. Retrieved 8 March 2018.
- Vlessing, Etan (10 February 2018). "Saban Films Nabs Ben Kingsley Thriller 'An Ordinary Man'". The Hollywood Reporter. Prometheus Global Media. Retrieved 10 February 2018.
- "An Ordinary Man (2018)". Rotten Tomatoes. Fandango Media. Retrieved September 15, 2019.
- Don Steinberg (April 7, 2018). "Ben Kingsley Humanizes the Inhumane in 'An Ordinary Man'". Wall Street Journal. Retrieved 2018-11-10.
|This 2010s drama film–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|