Amyas Charles Edward Morse, Baron Morse,  is a Scottish auditor who, between 2009 and 2019, was the Comptroller and Auditor General of the National Audit Office, an independent Parliamentary body.(born 28 June 1949)
The Lord Morse
|Member of the House of Lords|
|Assumed office |
26 March 2021
|Comptroller and Auditor General|
|Preceded by||Sir John Bourn|
|Succeeded by||Gareth Davies|
|Born||28 June 1949|
Born in Glasgow, Morse led the Coopers and Lybrand practice in Scotland before moving to London to manage the London City Office, subsequently becoming executive partner of Coopers and Lybrand UK. He was a global managing partner at PricewaterhouseCoopers before he was named Comptroller and Auditor General, succeeding Sir John Bourn.
On 24 February 2021, it was announced that he had been recommended for a life peerage by the House of Lords Appointments Commission. He was created Baron Morse, of Aldeburgh in the County of Suffolk on 26 March 2021.
- "Amyas Morse". api.parliament.uk. Retrieved 29 June 2022.
- "Statutory registers - Births". Scotland's People. National Records of Scotland and the Court of the Lord Lyon.
- "Former PwC partner appointed new National Audit Office chief". Accountancy Age. 19 January 2009. Retrieved 14 June 2014.
- "NAO Board and Leadership Team". National Audit Office. Archived from the original on 27 May 2014. Retrieved 14 June 2014.
- "Birthday Honours lists 2014". gov.uk. Honours. HM Government. 14 June 2014. Retrieved 14 June 2014.
- "No. 60895". The London Gazette (Supplement). 14 June 2014. p. b3.
- "Two new non-party-political peers – House of Lords Appointments Commission" (PDF). Retrieved 24 February 2021.