This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)
|Other names||Amrita Arora Ladak|
|Occupation||Actress, Model, Television presenter, VJ|
|Relatives||Malaika Arora (Sister)|
Personal life and educationEdit
Amrita Arora was born in Thane, Maharastra. Her parents were divorced when she was 6 years old and later she moved to Chembur with her mother and sister Malaika Arora. Her mother, Joyce Polycarp, is a Malayali Catholic and her father, Anil Arora, was a Punjabi Arora native to Indian border town of Fazilka, who worked in the Merchant Navy.
She completed her secondary education from Swami Vivekanand School in Chembur. Her aunt, Grace Polycarp, was the principal of the school, Mumbai. Her sister is Bollywood actress, VJ, and host Malaika Arora.
She is married to Shakeel Ladak, a businessman in the construction industry in 2009. The ceremonies included a Christian wedding on 4 March 2009 followed by Mehendi on 5 March and a Muslim Nikah ceremony on 6 March 2009. They have two sons named Azaan born on 5 February 2010 and Rayaan born on 20 October 2012.
Arora started her career as VJ for MTV. She made her Bollywood debut in 2002 opposite Fardeen Khan in the film, Kitne Door Kitne Paas, which was not successful at the box office. Her first successful film was the action comedy, Awara Paagal Deewana. A series of flops followed, among them the controversial Girlfriend (2004), about a lesbian relationship, in which she appeared opposite Isha Koppikar.
In 2007, she made a special appearance in Farah Khan's film, Om Shanti Om in the song "Deewangi Deewangi" with her sister and former brother-in-law Arbaaz Khan. In the same year, she appeared in Speed and Red: The Dark Side, also starring Aftab Shivdasani and Celina Jaitley. The films received mixed reviews at the box office.
|2002||Kitne Door Kitne Paas||Karishma Patel|
|2002||Awara Paagal Deewana||Mona|
|2003||Ek Aur Ek Gyarah||Preeti|
|2003||Zameen||Singer/Dancer||Special appearance in song "Dilli Ki Sardi"|
|2004||Shart: The Challenge||Saryu|
|2004||Mujhse Shaadi Karogi||Roma||Cameo|
|2004||Rakht||Natasha Bahadur Singh|
|2006||Deha||Rini Sinha/Rini M. Desai|
|2006||Fight Club - Members Only||Shonali Malhotra|
|2007||Red: The Dark Side||Ria Malhotra|
|2007||Heyy Babyy||Herself||Special appearance in song "Heyy Babyy"|
|2007||Speed||Sameera Mehra||Special appearance|
|2007||Om Shanti Om||Herself||Special appearance in song "Deewangi Deewangi"|
|2007||Godfather||Guest||Pakistani Urdu film|
|2008||Rama Rama Kya Hai Dramaaa||Khushi Bhatia|
|2008||Golmaal Returns||Esha Santoshi|
|2009||Kambakkht Ishq||Kamini Sandu|
|2009||Team – The Force||Riya|
|2009||Ek Tho Chance||Nishi|
|2015||Kuch Toh Hai Tere Mere Darmiyaan||Dhami|
- "Film Actress Amrita Arora - Bollywood Actress Amreeta Arora - Amrita Arora Biography - Amreeta Arora Profile". iloveindia.com. Archived from the original on 5 August 2016. Retrieved 1 August 2016.
- "Chembur will always be our home". Mid-Day. 16 June 2006. Archived from the original on 3 July 2011. Retrieved 21 February 2011.
- Bollywood Hungama. "Amrita Arora names her baby boy Rayaan | Bollywood News | Hindi Movies News | Celebrity News - BollywoodHungama.com". bollywoodhungama.com. Archived from the original on 29 May 2016. Retrieved 1 August 2016.
- Amrita & Shakeel's celeb-studded wedding Archived 11 July 2013 at the Wayback Machine Times of India - 5 June 2009
- "Tribuneindia... Film and tv". www.tribuneindia.com.
- "Amrita Arora: Filmography and Profile". Bollywood Hungama. Archived from the original on 23 July 2010. Retrieved 7 May 2010.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Amrita Arora.|