Amplitude Studios SASU is a French video game developer based in Paris. The studio was founded in January 2011 by former Ubisoft employees Mathieu Girard and Romain de Waubert de Genlis, and was acquired by Sega in June 2016. Amplitude is now a part of Sega West, which also comprises Creative Assembly, Sports Interactive and Relic Entertainment.
|Industry||Video game industry|
|Founded||27 January 2011|
Amplitude Studios focuses primarily on the development of titles for the personal computer (PC), and uses Steam's Early Access programme, as well as Games2Gether, a crowd-sourcing and voting platform developed by Amplitude Studios, for players to suggest and vote on design choices that should be taken into games from Amplitude Studios, to create a player-centered experience.
In July 2016, Sega announced that they had acquired Amplitude Studios in order to expand their reach on the PC gaming market. Founders Girard and de Waubert de Genlis stated that they agreed on the deal as they saw the opportunity to work alongside other Sega-owned studios, such as Creative Assembly and Relic Entertainment.
|2012||Endless Space||macOS, Microsoft Windows|
|Dungeon of the Endless||macOS, Microsoft Windows, Xbox One, iOS|
|2017||Endless Space 2||macOS, Microsoft Windows|
|2019||Love Thyself: A Horatio Story|
- "The Final Boss". MCV. No. 942. Future Publishing. December 2018. p. 70.
- "Beyond strategy: Catching up with Amplitude Studios and Endless Legend". Gamasutra.com. 16 January 2015. Retrieved 1 June 2015.
- Dean, Paul (15 May 2014). "How the developers of Endless Legend see the end in sight". Eurogamer.net. Retrieved 1 June 2015.
- "Video: How Amplitude Studios tackles community-driven development". Gamasutra.com. 26 January 2015. Retrieved 1 June 2015.
- Donlan, Christian (21 September 2014). "Amplitude's rules for Early Access development". Eurogamer.net. Retrieved 1 June 2015.
- Morrison, Angus (5 July 2016). "Sega acquires Endless developer Amplitude". PC Gamer. Retrieved 5 July 2016.
- Kerr, Chris (5 July 2016). "Sega acquires Endless Space developer Amplitude". Gamasutra. Retrieved 5 July 2016.
- Boudreau, Ian. "Humankind is a historical 4X strategy game from the creators of Endless Legend". PC Gamer. Retrieved 19 August 2019.
- Batchelor, James (29 April 2015). "Develop Awards 2015: The finalists revealed". Develop. Retrieved 1 June 2015.