Amos B. Smith III (born August 26, 1944) is an American chemist.
Amos B. Smith III
|Born||August 26, 1944 (age 74)|
|Alma mater||The Rockefeller University|
|Known for||Total synthesis of natural products|
|Awards||Perkin Prize for Organic Chemistry, Paul G. Gassman Distinguished Service Award|
|Fields||Organic/Bioorganic/materials chemist, chemist|
|Institutions||University of Pennsylvania/Monell Chemical Senses Center|
|Doctoral advisor||William C. Agosta|
In 2015, he was awarded the Royal Society of Chemistry's Perkin Prize for Organic Chemistry "for his continued outstanding contributions to new organic reaction development, complex natural product total synthesis, and new small molecules for medicinal chemistry".
- Smith, Amos B. (1996). "Total Synthesis of (−)-Macrolactin A" (– Scholar search). Monell Chemical Senses Center; University of Pennsylvania: Journal of the American Chemical Society.[dead link]
- "Scientific Staff". Monell Chemical Senses Center. Archived from the original on 5 September 2008. Retrieved August 6, 2008.
- "The Smith Research Group". University of Pennsylvania, Department of Chemistry. Archived from the original on 19 July 2008. Retrieved August 6, 2008.
- ESPCI ParisTech ISC Archived November 26, 2008, at the Wayback Machine
- "RSC Perkin Prize for Organic Chemistry 2015 Winner". Royal Society of Chemistry. 5 May 2015. Retrieved 26 May 2015.