Amole Gupte (born c. 1962) is an Indian screenwriter, actor, and director, particularly known for his work on the 2007 Bollywood film Taare Zameen Par (Like Stars on Earth) as creative director and screenwriter. He conceived the film along with his wife, Deepa Bhatia (concept, research, and editing). He was the chairperson of the Children's Film Society, India from 2012 to 2015. And presently serves as a member of the Advisory Board of the Kautik International Student Film Festival
Amole Gupte at Chronicles of Narnia Special Screening
|Born||1962 (age 56–57)|
|Occupation||Director, Screenwriter, Actor|
- Sniff (2017)
- Ek Tara (2015)
- Singham Returns (2014)
- Bheja Fry 2 (2011)
- Stanley Ka Dabba (2011)
- Urumi (film) (2011)
- Phas Gaye Re Obama (2010)
- Kaminey (2009)
- Jo Jeeta Wohi Sikandar (1992)
- Holi (1984 film) (1984)
2008 Filmfare Awards
2008 Star Screen Award
- Won: Best Story - Taare Zameen Par (Like Stars on Earth)
- Won: Best Dialogue - Taare Zameen Par (Like Stars on Earth)\
2008 V. Shantaram Awards
2008 Zee Cine Awards
2010 IIFA Awards
- Vij, Gauri. "A leap of faith: Taare Zameen Par’s brilliance had as much to do with the creative duo of Deepa Bhatia and Amole Gupte as with the child on whom it rides." The Hindu, 3 February 2008.
- Anurag Kashyap. "TAARE ZAMEEN PE- not a review." , 18 December 2007.
- Vij, Gauri (3 February 2008). "A leap of faith". The Hindu. Archived from the original on 7 April 2008. Retrieved 11 April 2008.
- "Festival People – Kautik International Student Film Festival".
- "Amole Gupte makes film out of children's workshop". IBN Live. Retrieved 24 February 2012.
- "'Urumi' is my comment on globalisation: Santosh Sivan". Indian Express. 31 March 2011. Retrieved 24 February 2012.
- "Phas Gaya Re Obama songs, Phas Gaya Re Obama videos, 2005". Dhunio.com. Retrieved 24 February 2012.
- "Winners of 4th Apsara Film & Television Producers Guild Awards". bollywoodhungama.com. 5 December 2009.[permanent dead link]
- "Winners of the V. Shantaram Awards 2008". India Times. Archived from the original on 3 February 2009. Retrieved 31 January 2009.