Amkor Technology, Inc. is a semiconductor product packaging and test services provider. The company has been headquartered in Tempe, Arizona, since 2005, when it was moved from West Chester, Pennsylvania, United States. The company was founded in 1969 and, as of 2017, had approximately 29,300 employees worldwide and a reported $4.19 billion in sales.
|Traded as||NASDAQ: AMKR|
Russell 2000 Component
|Industry||Semiconductors & Related Devices|
|Headquarters||Tempe, Arizona, U.S.|
|Joo-Jin (James) Kim|
John T. Kim
(executive vice chairman)
Stephen D. Kelley
(president & CEO)
(corporate VP & CFO)
|Revenue||US$4.19 billion (2017)|
|US$401.31 million (2017)|
|US$264.89 million (2017)|
|Total assets||US$4.52 billion (2017)|
|Total equity||US$1.69 billion (2017)|
Number of employees
|Footnotes / references|
With factories in China, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Philippines, Portugal and Taiwan, Amkor is a leading player in the semiconductor industry. It packages and tests integrated circuits (ICs) for chip manufacturers.
In February 2016, Amkor fully acquired J-Devices Corp., the largest outsourced semiconductor assembly and test provider in Japan.
Amkor Technology has competitiveness for chip assembly by thermal compression as well as wafer level packaging. In September 2018, Amkor Technology opened manufacturing and test plant at Longtan Science Park in Taiwan.
- "Amkor Technology". Fortune. Retrieved 2019-01-22.
- "Amkor Technology - Company History". Retrieved 2018-01-08.
- "US SEC: Form 10-K 2017". U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. Retrieved February 23, 2018.
- EE Times. “Amkor's outlook improved as it moves headquarters.” June 3, 2005. Retrieved April 19, 2016.
- By Hayley Ringle, Phoenix Business Journal. “Amkor Tech finishes 100 percent buy of a Japanese semiconductor company.” February 11, 2016. Retrieved December 21, 2016.
- "Amkor opens new semiconductor package manufacturing and test plant in Taiwan | Solid State Technology". electroiq.com. Retrieved 2018-09-25.
|This article about a technological corporation or company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article related to a manufacturing company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|