|Member of the Swedish Parliament
for Stockholm County
6 December 1970 |
|Political party||Left Party|
Before fleeing to Sweden via Turkey, she was a member of Komalah and a Peshmerga fighter. Before entering the parliament Kakabaveh was awarded a master's degree in social work at Stockholm University and worked as a social worker in Stockholm. Inspired by the French movement Ni Putes Ni Soumises (Neither Whores nor Doormats) Kakabaveh in 2005 founded the feminist and antiracist organization Varken hora eller kuvad. As a politician and opinion maker Kakabaveh has highlighted topics such as honour crimes, women's rights and secularism. Her work has made her a controversial person within Swedish politics and her own Left party, but also earned her the title of "Swede of the year" as awarded by Fokus magazine. Her autobiography Amineh – inte större än en kalasjnikov (Amineh – not bigger than a Kalashnikov) was released in 2016, detailing her time with the Peshmerga.
- Bozarslan, Mahmut; Bila, Sibel Utku (22 February 2016). "How one Kurdish woman went from child soldier to Swedish lawmaker". Al-Monitor. Retrieved 30 April 2016.
- "Amineh, vänsterpolitiker med en tuff bakgrund flydde kriget som 14-åring" [Amineh, Left Party politician who fled the war at age 14]. Passagen. 7 July 2014. Archived from the original on 2 September 2014. Retrieved 30 April 2016.
- "Laying Kalashnikov to Rest, Amineh Kakabaveh fights on". Retrieved 1 November 2014.
- "Laying Kalashnikov to Rest, Amineh Kakabaveh Fights On". Retrieved 12 July 2017.
- "Den feministiska och antirasistiska gräsrotsrörelsen". www.varkenhoraellerkuvad.se. Retrieved 12 July 2017.
- "Årets svensk - Fokus". Fokus (in Swedish). 2016-12-15. Retrieved 2018-01-03.
- "Amineh – inte större än en kalasjnikov : från peshmerga till riksdagsledamot - Ordfront förlag". ordfrontforlag.se. Retrieved 12 July 2017.