American Sociological Review
The American Sociological Review is a bimonthly peer-reviewed academic journal covering all aspects of sociology. It is published by Sage Publications on behalf of the American Sociological Association. It was established in 1936. The current editors-in-chief are Omar Lizardo, Rory McVeigh, and Sarah Mustillo (University of Notre Dame).
|Edited by||Omar Lizardo, Rory McVeigh, and Sarah Mustillo|
Sage Publications (United States)
|Am. Sociol. Rev.|
For its first thirty years, the American Sociological Society (now the American Sociological Association) was largely dominated by the sociology department of the University of Chicago, and the quasi-official journal of the association was Chicago's American Journal of Sociology. In 1935, the executive committee of the American Sociological Society voted 5 to 4 against disestablishing the American Journal of Sociology as the official journal of society, but the measure was passed on for consideration of the general membership, which voted 2 to 1 to establish a new journal independent of Chicago: the American Sociological Review.
Abstracting and indexingEdit
American Sociological Review is abstracted and indexed in:
The following persons have been editors of the journal:
- F.H. Hankin (Smith College (1936–1937)
- Read Bain (Miami University (1938–1942)
- Joseph K. Folsom (Vassar College (1943–1944)
- F. Stuart Chapin and George B. Vold (University of Minnesota (1945–1946)
- Robert C. Angell (University of Michigan (1947–1948)
- Maurice R. Davie (Yale University (1949–1951)
- Robert E.L. Faris (University of Washington (1952–1955)
- Leonard Broom (University of California, Los Angeles (1956–1957)
- Charles Page (Smith College (1958–1960)
- Harry Alpert (University of Oregon (1961–1962)
- Neil J. Smelser (University of California, Berkeley (1963–1965)
- Norman Ryder (University of Wisconsin (1966–1968)
- Karl F. Schuessler (Indiana University (1969–1971)
- James F. Short Jr. (Washington State University (1972–1974)
- Morris Zelditch (Stanford University (1975–1977)
- Rita J. Simon (University of Illinois, Urbana (1978–1980)
- William Form (University of Illinois, Urbana (1981)
- Sheldon Stryker (Indiana University (1982–1986)
- William Form (Ohio State University (1987–1989)
- Gerald Marwell (University of Wisconsin (1990–1993)
- Paula England (University of Arizona (1994–1996)
- Glenn Firebaugh (Pennsylvania State University (1997–2000)
- Charles Camic and Franklin Wilson (University of Wisconsin (2000–2003)
- Jerry Jacobs (University of Pennsylvania (2003–2006)
- Randy Hodson and Vincent Roscigno (Ohio State University (2006–2009)
- Larry W. Isaac and Holly J. McCammon, Vanderbilt University (2010-2015)
- "American Sociological Association: Notre Dame Sociologists to Lead American Sociological Association's Flagship Journal". www.asanet.org. Retrieved 2015-10-11.
- Lengermann, Patricia Madoo (1979). "The Founding of the American Sociological Review: The Anatomy of a Rebellion". American Sociological Review. 44 (2): 185–198. doi:10.2307/2094504. JSTOR 2094504.
- "Journals Ranked by Impact: Sociology". 2017 Journal Citation Reports. Web of Science (Social Sciences ed.). Thomson Reuters. 2017.