American National Insurance Company
|Traded as||NASDAQ: ANAT|
Russell 1000 Component
|Industry||Insurance Financial Services|
|Headquarters||One Moody Plaza|
Galveston, Texas, U.S.
|Ross Rankin Moody, Chairman of the Board|
James Pozzi, President & CEO
|Products||Insurance Annuities mutual funds Financial Products|
|Revenue||US$3.411 Billion (FY 2017)|
|US$496 Million (FY 2017)|
|Total assets||US$26.3 Billion (FY 2017)|
|Total equity||US$5.2 Billion (FY 2017)|
Number of employees
American National was founded in 1905 by Galveston businessman William Lewis Moody, Jr. Today the company offers a wide array of insurance products and services including life insurance, annuities, health insurance, property and casualty insurance, credit insurance, and pension plan services. Through its subsidiary, ANREM, the company founded and developed the large-scale housing development, South Shore Harbour, in League City, Texas.
Although a publicly traded company, the majority of the stock continues to be controlled by the Moody family through the Moody Foundation and Libby Shearn Moody Trust, which are administered by the trust department of the family owned Moody National Bank.
American National is subject to insurance regulation and examination by all 50 states as well as federal entities like the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and Federal Trade Commission. In addition, its records are audited by KPMG as well as the major financial rating agencies. The ratings reflect the company's capitalization, operating performance and liquidity. American National was listed in Forbes Magazine in its "100 Most Trustworthy Financial Companies" list for 2009 & 2017.
- American National Life Insurance Company of Texas
- American National Life Insurance Company of New York
- American National Property And Casualty Company
- Farm Family Casualty Insurance Company
- United Farm Family Insurance Company
- Standard Life and Accident Insurance Company
- Garden State Life Insurance Company
- Robert L. Moody (Chairman Emeritus)
- Ross R. Moody (Chairman of the Board)
- James E. Pozzi (President and Chief Executive Officer)
- William C. Ansell
- James P. Payne
- Arthur O. Dummer
- Frances A. Moody-Dahlberg
- E.J. "Jere" Pederson
- James D. Yarbrough
- Irwin M. Herz, Jr.
- R. Eugene Lucas
- E. Douglass McLeod
- Robert L. Moody, Jr.
- Russell S. Moody
- "American National Insurance Company - Form-10K". Retrieved March 10, 2019.
- "American National Insurance". Fortune. Retrieved 2019-02-15.
- Bivins, Ralph (1991-05-19). "League City site in midst of boom/South Shore Harbour is hot". Houston Chronicle. Archived from the original on March 10, 2019. Retrieved 2011-02-25.
- "NASDAQ Ownership Summary for ANAT". NASDAQ.
- "Moody Foundation 2005 Annual Report" (PDF). Moody Foundation. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2009-05-29.
- "ANICO General statement of beneficial ownership filing". Securities and Exchange Commission.
- "American National Variable Annuity Separate Account, Actuary Consent Filing". Securities and Exchange Commission.
- "American National Insurance Company's Ratings". Archived from the original on 2015-02-06.
- Affiliated Companies Archived 2008-04-24 at the Wayback Machine
- American National Insurance Company: Board of Directors - Bloomberg
- "ANAT Company Profile & Executives - American National Insurance Co. - Wall Street Journal". quotes.wsj.com. Retrieved 2019-03-10.