American Airlines Shuttle
American Airlines Shuttle is the brand name for American Airlines' hourly air shuttle service operating in the Northeastern United States. It serves Logan International Airport in Boston, LaGuardia Airport in New York City, Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport in Washington, D.C., and O’Hare International Airport in Chicago.
|Founded||1961 (as Eastern Air Lines Shuttle)|
|Commenced operations||October 17, 2015|
|Company slogan||Going for great.|
|Parent company||American Airlines Group|
|Traded as||NASDAQ: AAL|
|Headquarters||CentrePort, Fort Worth, Texas, United States|
|Operating income||See parent|
|Net income||See parent|
|Total assets||See parent|
|Total equity||See parent|
The brand was transferred to American Airlines after its final integration with US Airways was completed on October 17, 2015. It is the descendant of the original Eastern Air Lines Shuttle, which began operating in 1961, and in subsequent iterations operated as Trump Shuttle, USAir Shuttle, and US Airways Shuttle.
American Airlines Shuttle offers hourly weekday flights between the four cities. There are slight schedule changes for weekend flights, with Saturday flights primarily departing in the morning/afternoon and Sunday flights mostly hourly or every other hour.
Shuttle flights have dedicated check-in facilities and baggage carousels, workstations at gates in Boston, complimentary snacks and alcoholic beverages in all cabins, and other services.
|Embraer 175||12||64||76||Washington – New York||Operated by Republic Airline|
|Airbus A319-100||8||120||128||Washington – Boston
New York – Boston
|Embraer 190||11||88||99||Washington – New York
New York – Boston
|Boeing 737-800||16||144||160||Chicago – New York|
- "Airline Certificate Information – Detail View". av-info.faa.gov. Federal Aviation Administration. May 12, 2015.
Certificate Number AALA025A
- "American Airlines Shuttle". American Airlines, Inc. 2015. Retrieved October 17, 2015.
- "American Airlines Group Executive Leadership Team". American Airlines, Inc. 2015. Archived from the original on 2016-03-16. Retrieved December 28, 2015.
- Mutzabaugh, Ben (2018-01-18). "American Airlines adds Chicago O'Hare to its 'Shuttle' line-up". USA TODAY. Retrieved 2019-06-09.
- Clabaugh, Jeff (October 13, 2015). "As of Saturday, no more US Airways at DCA". Washington Business Journal. Retrieved December 29, 2015.