Dame Amelia Chilcott Fawcett DBE CVO (born 16 September 1956) is the American/British Chairman of the Standards Board for Alternative Investments in London, Chairman of Investment AB Kinnevik in Stockholm, Chairman of Vedere SARL in Luxembourg, a Non-Executive Director of State Street Corporation in Boston, and a Non-Executive Member of Her Majesty’s Treasury Board.
Dame Amelia Chilcott Fawcett
|Born||16 September 1956 Boston,USA|
|Alma mater||University of Virginia|
|Occupation||Chairman of Hedge Fund Standards Board|
Managing director (Europe) for Morgan Stanley
She is a former banking executive for Morgan Stanley. Other prior posts include non-executive director (from 2007) and chairman (2009–2013) for the British multimedia business Guardian Media Group plc and Non-Executive Director of Millicom International Cellular SA (2015–2016).
Honours and awardsEdit
In 2006, Fawcett was named one of Fortune magazine's "50 most powerful women". In the New Year Honours 2002 Fawcett was appointed as a Commander of the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire. In the New Year Honours 2010 Fawcett was elevated to the rank of Dame Commander of the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire for her services to the financial industry. In 2004, she received the Prince of Wales' Ambassador award recognizing responsible business activities. As of 2013, she was chairman of The Prince of Wales's Charitable Foundation. In July 2013 she was appointed the first Lady Usher of the Purple Rod.
- "Birthdays". The Guardian. Guardian News & Media. 15 September 2014. p. 35.
- Brook, Stephen (22 April 2009). "Amelia Fawcett named chair of Guardian Media Group". The Guardian. Retrieved 18 March 2012.
- "Amelia Fawcett named chair of Guardian Media Group". The Guardian. 22 April 2009. Retrieved 18 March 2012.
- "Fortune Global Power 50". CNN Money. Retrieved 18 March 2012.
- "No. 56430". The London Gazette (Supplement). 31 December 2001. p. 7.
- "Amelia C. Fawcett profile". Retrieved 24 June 2016.
- "No. 59446". The London Gazette (Supplement). 12 June 2010. p. 6.
- "About Us" Archived 2016-03-24 at the Wayback Machine, princeofwalescharitablefoundation.org.uk; accessed 1 May 2013.
- "No. 60577". The London Gazette. 23 July 2013. p. 14495.
Sir Alexander Graham, GBE
| Lady Usher of the Purple Rod
|This United Kingdom business–related biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|