Ameer Muhammad Khan Jogezai was nominated to become the Governor of Balochistan after the resignation of Muhammad Khan Achakzai. His nomination was consented by Prime Minister of Pakistan, Imran Khan only to be rescinded later on.
Ameer Muhammad Khan Jogezai
|Relatives||Sardar Gul Mohammad Khan Jogezai (brother)|
A pediatrician by trade, he later declined the governorship due to investigation into allegations of embezzlement and misappropriation of funds, but then clarified that his statement about declination was misrepresented, he just requested to delay the oath taking until embezzlement charges are investigated otherwise he is willing to accept the position.
On 26 August 2018 prime minister's office rejected the news reports about his appointment as a governor of Balochistan.
Early life and familyEdit
- "Dr Ameer Mohammad Khan Jogezai nominated as Balochistan governor". www.geo.tv. Retrieved 25 August 2018.
- "PTI nominee Jogezai declines governorship". The Express Tribune. 25 August 2018. Retrieved 25 August 2018.
- "Dr Ameer Jogezai says ready to serve as Balochistan Governor". www.thenews.com.pk. Retrieved 25 August 2018.
- "PTI-led govt distances itself from Balochistan governor 'nominee' Dr Ameer Jogezai - Home". Dawn.Com. 31 July 2015. Retrieved 26 August 2018.
- "امیر محمد خان جوگیزئی بلوچستان کے گورنر نامزد،'نیب کی کلیئرنس تک حلف نہیں اٹھائیں گے' - BBC News اردو" (in Urdu). Bbc.com. 1 January 1970. Retrieved 26 August 2018.