|Birth name||Amber Nicole Holcomb|
|Born||March 17, 1994|
Houston, Texas, United States
Holcomb previously auditioned for American Idol in the eleventh season, but was cut in the Las Vegas round, where she was grouped with Curtis Finch Jr., Shannon Magrane and Joshua Ledet.
She performed "My Funny Valentine" in Vegas sudden death rounds which received standing ovation from the judges. Holcomb performed "I Believe in You and Me" at the semi-final voting round receiving standing ovation from all of the judges. In the semifinals of the twelfth season, Holcomb performed "My Funny Valentine" by Lorenz Hart and "Just Give Me a Reason" by Pink. She was then eliminated on May 2, 2013, coming in fourth place. She performed "I Believe in You and Me" as her goodbye song.
Performances and resultsEdit
|Episode||Theme||Song choice||Original artist||Order #||Result|
|Audition||Auditioner's Choice||Not aired||N/A||Advanced|
|Hollywood Round, Part 1||A Capella||Not aired||N/A||Advanced|
|Hollywood Round, Part 2||Group Performance||"Knock on Wood"||Eddie Floyd||N/A||Advanced|
|Hollywood Round, Part 3||Solo||Not aired||N/A||Advanced|
|Las Vegas Round||Personal Choice||"My Funny Valentine"||Mitzi Green||10||Advanced|
|Top 20 (10 Women)||Personal Choice||"I Believe in You and Me"||Whitney Houston||7||Advanced|
|Top 10 Reveal||Victory Song||"I'm Every Woman"||Chaka Khan||9||N/A|
|Top 10||Music of the American Idols||"A Moment Like This"||Kelly Clarkson||10||5th|
|Top 9||The Beatles||"She's Leaving Home"||The Beatles||3||Bottom 31|
|Top 8||Music of Motor City||Trio "I'm Gonna Make You Love Me"
with Candice Glover and Angie Miller
|Dee Dee Warwick||6||Safe|
|Solo "Lately"||Stevie Wonder||9|
|Top 7||Rock||Trio "It's Still Rock and Roll to Me"
with Janelle Arthur and Kree Harrison
|Solo "What About Love"||Heart||9|
|Top 6||Burt Bacharach and Hal David||"I Say a Little Prayer"||Dionne Warwick||2||Bottom 22|
|Songs They Wish They'd Written||"Love on Top"||Beyoncé||8|
|Top 5||Year They Were Born||"Without You"||Badfinger||5||Safe|
|Divas||"What Are You Doing the Rest of Your Life?"||Michael Dees||10|
|Top 4||Contestant's Choice||Solo "The Power of Love"||Jennifer Rush||1||Bottom 23|
|Duet "Rumour Has It"
with Kree Harrison
|One-Hit Wonders||"MacArthur Park"||Richard Harris||7|
|Top 44||Songs from Now and Then||"Just Give Me a Reason"||Pink feat. Nate Ruess||2||Eliminated|
|"My Funny Valentine"||Mitzi Green||6|
with Candice Glover, Kree Harrison, and Angie Miller
- ^Note 1 When Ryan Seacrest announced the results for this particular night, Holcomb was among the bottom three contestants, but was declared safe when Paul Jolley was eliminated.
- ^Note 2 When Ryan Seacrest announced the results for this particular night, Holcomb was in the bottom two, but was declared safe when Lazaro Arbos was eliminated.
- ^Note 3 When Ryan Seacrest announced the results for this particular night, Holcomb was in the bottom two with Candice Glover, but was declared safe as no one was eliminated.
- ^Note 4 Due to the surprise non-elimination at the top 4, the top 4 remained intact for another week.
Amber Holcomb took part in the American Idols LIVE! Tour 2013 from July 19 through August 31, 2013. On August 4, 2013, news surfaced that Holcomb and her boyfriend, Lamar Denson, are expecting their first child. On February 14, 2014, Holcomb gave birth to a baby girl.
- "Two Times A Charm For Houston's Amber Holcomb on American Idol". Archived from the original on 2013-04-17. Retrieved 2013-04-14.
- "Amber Holcomb - American Idol". Retrieved 2013-03-16.
- http://www.mjsbigblog.com/is-amber-holcomb-pregnant.htm Retrieved 2013-08-04
- internhl (2014-02-14). "Amber Holcomb: 'American Idol' Star, 19, Gives Birth To Baby Girl". Hollywood Life. Retrieved 2018-06-15.
- "AMBER HOLCOMB WELCOMES A BABY GIRL!". bckonline.com. Retrieved 2018-06-15.