Ambasamudram Ambani is a 2010 Tamil comedy-drama film written and directed by Ramnath. P. It was produced by actor Karunaas, Singapore R. Saravana and A. John Peter. The film has Karunaas, Navneet Kaur, Ambani Shankar, and Kota Srinivasa Rao in the lead roles alongside an ensemble supporting cast including Cochin Haneefa, Sriranjini, Livingston, Delhi Ganesh, and R. Sundarrajan. Karunaas had also composed the songs, while Sabesh-Murali composed the background score and lyrics written by "Kavipararasu" Vairamuthu. Cinematography was handled by P. Pulidevan and editing by V. T. Vijayan. The film released on 7 February 2010.
|Directed by||P S Ramnath|
A. John Peter
|Written by||P S Ramnath|
Kota Srinivasa Rao
|Music by||Song composer:|
|Edited by||V. T. Vijayan|
|Distributed by||J B Media & Entertainments|
|Budget||₹7.5 million (US$110,000)|
|Box office||₹10 million (US$140,000)|
Dhandapani (Karunaas), coming from a poor background, nurtures his ambition to become an owner of businesses like Reliance, Vasanth & Co, Saravana Stores, etc. He meets Nandhini (Navneet Kaur), who falls in love with him because of his steadfast ambition. Dhandapani is not in a position to accept owing to his goals. Thereafter, he gives all his hard-earned money to Annachi (Kota Srinivasa Rao) to own a shop in his newly constructed complex. Before the construction is over, Annachi dies. Annachi's son Kishore (Cheran Raj) does not believe that Dhandapani could have given money to his father and forcibly chases away Dhandapani, while he is also later betrayed by Karthi (Shankar). Later, he learns that Dhandapani paid 35 lakhs for the shop from the registrar. Finally, Dhandapani succeeds in getting a new shop and setting up his supermarket.
- Karunaas as Dhandapani (nickname Ambani)
- Navneet Kaur as Nandhini
- Kota Srinivasa Rao as Annachi
- Cochin Haneefa as Nandhini's father
- Sriranjini as Nandhini's mother
- Shankar as Karthi, Dhandapani's assistant
- Cheran Raj as Kishore, Annachi's son
- Livingston as Johnson
- Delhi Ganesh as Dhandapani's first house owner
- Nirosha as Ranganayaki, and Dhandapani's second house owner
- Singamuthu as House Broker
- T. P. Gajendran as Police Inspector
- Chaams as Bank Cashier
- Mayilsamy as Cellphone Person
- Appukutty as Dhandapani's neighbourhood
- Nellai Siva as Head Constable
- R. Sundarrajan
- Lollu Sabha Balaji
- Ragasya in a special appearance
- Grace Karunas in a special appearance
- Sridhar in a special appearance ("Poo Pookkum")
- Othakallu - Samshudeen, Chinna Ponnu, Rahna Jack, Mcloga
- Poo Pookkum - Siraj, Grace Karunas
- Soru Vechen- Karthik
- Kola Kolaya - Rita
- Dhanda Dhandapani - Rahul Nambiar, Ken Karunas
Rediff notes that "Ambasamudram Ambani is worth a watch." Sify wrote "Karunas a middle level comedian?s earnest and sincere attempt to turn hero with Ambasamuthiram Ambani falters due to a weak script. The film definitely has a nice, feel-good message but writer-director Ramnath?s script lets him down". Behindwoods wrote "Although AA moves at a lackadaisical phase, it sure is a lesson for people striving to achieve excellence through hard work. AA is a good moral story apt for a family outing".
- "Ambasamudram Ambani soundtrack". Gaana.
- "Ambasamudram Ambani (Soundtrack) - EP by S Karunaas". Apple Music.
- "Ambasamudram Ambani is worth a watch - Rediff.com Movies". Movies.rediff.com. 2 July 2010. Retrieved 8 November 2012.
- "Review: Ambasamuthiram Ambani (2010)". Sify Movies.
- "AMBASAMUTHIRAM AMBANI REVIEW". Behindwoods.
|This article about a Tamil-language film of the 2010s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|