Amapola Flyg is a cargo airline based in Stockholm, Sweden. It operates freight services on behalf of the Swedish Post Office, Jetpak and MiniLiner from Maastricht Aachen Airport and its main base at Stockholm-Arlanda Airport.
The airline was established and started operations in 2004 to take over postal services previously operated by Falcon Air. It is wholly owned by Salenia (a Swedish investment company) and has some 50 employees. On July 1, 2018, Amapola Flyg has begun passenger air traffic with regional routes in Sweden, as its own passenger aircraft will be leased, 2 subcontractors will fly the lines. Amapola Flyg works together with the Swedish airline Svenska Direktflyg when booking, through the website which flights can be booked. The flights from Stockholm/Arlanda via Lycksele to Vilhelmina will be operated by the Danish airline Danish Air Transport (DAT) with an ATR 42 with 48 seats and the flights from Stockholm/Arlanda via Kramfors to Hemavan will be operated by the Polish airline SprintAir with a Saab 340. The Arlanda – Hagfors – Torsby flights are also contracted with the national traffic administration and are flown by Flexflight.
The Amapola Flyg fleet consists of the following aircraft (as of September 2019):
- http://www.iata.org/publications/Pages/code-search.aspx, looked up on October 19, 2015
- "Directory: World Airlines". Flight International. 2007-03-27. p. 74.
- "Två flygbolag tar upp norrlandstrafiken" (in Swedish). flygtorget.se. Retrieved 2018-06-02.
- Klart med avtal för flygtrafik till norra Sverige
- "Global Airline Guide 2016 (Part Two)". Airliner World (November 2016): 33.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Amapola Flyg.|